Thursday, June 25, 2015

The Ugly Stepsister by Aya Ling

Synopsis

When Kat accidentally rips apart an old picture book, she's magically transported into the world of Cinderella--as Katriona, one of the ugly stepsisters! Life turns upside down now that she’s a highborn lady and must learn how to survive the social season, including how to get through the door in a huge metal hoop skirt. To get back, she'll have to complete the story, right to the end of happily ever after. But the odds are huge: the other stepsister is drop-dead gorgeous, the fairy godmother is nowhere to be found, and the prince, despite being insanely hot, openly dislikes balls. Can she ever return to the modern world?


My Thoughts
★★★★★ Ugly StepSTARS
I received this book via NG in return for an honest review.
I actually wasn't expecting this book to be this good. I am not a fan of retellings, but there is just something about this that is so different. The Ugly Stepsister keep me drawn in where I didn't want to put the book down because I just NEEDED to know what happened next. It kept me guessing yet it also had me going "Oh this is how it is going to turn out." only for it to be something else entirely. The writing was so smooth, there was no bump or anything, everything goes together amazingly and things just happen like boom boom boom, but it doesn't overload you. Aya Ling wrote the ending to perfection. It was like a rollercoster building building building and its like you are at the peek and you can't breathe then SWOOSH! That ending, I've never seen a ending that left me so freaking happy yet demanding a rewrite more than this book. Lol. I loved this and would fully recommend it.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top