Monday, June 8, 2015

Saving London by Taylor Dawn

Synopsis

The List. That Signified Finality.The Journey. That Would Span The Globe.The Sacrifice. That Would Decide The Outcome. The Choice. That Could Unleash Evil On Earth. The End Is Only The Beginning...
“You have terminal cancer.”London Patterson, a seemingly healthy young woman, had her entire life ahead of her. That was until four little words brought everything to a screeching halt. As the shock and grief begin to fade, London decides to map out her last year and embark on an epic journey to complete a bucket list. She wants to do the things she’s been afraid to do in her life, step out of her self-contained box, and see the world. What she didn’t expect was for a mysterious stranger named Adam to breeze into her life like a breath of fresh air. Adam offers to help London complete her list on one condition…that she sees it through to the end. Agreeing on those terms, the two set out on an adventure of a lifetime. But London soon realizes that Adam isn’t quite…human. Along their journey odd occurrences happen that cause London to question who or what Adam is and why he’s helping her. Follow London as she checks off her bucket list in this inspiring new Urban Fantasy novel from Taylor Dawn. 


My Thoughts
★★★  Stars.
I received this book in return for an honest review.
This review is really hard for me to write because I honestly have a lot of anger for this story. I'm not really a big fan of angels/demons/fallen angels... whatever, but, I decided to give it a shot, because you never know, right? Well, to add to that, this chick has cancer and there is no point for chemo or anything because she only has a year.... Sounds like what I literally just went through with my mama (RIP). Why was I mad at this? Because all this time passes and this chick NEVER gets sicker. She is just happy-go-lucky. And it made me so mad to the point of near tears and having to put it down for a while and come back to it because I just remember what my mama went through and I couldn't help thinking "This isn't right. It's not fair" so on and so forth. I didn't give up though, I kept reading and of course it explains why she never got "sicker" which make me bump my rating up from a two to three.
Now, why do I give it three? I really think this book could have been written in just a few chapters as a short story. It just feels like even though the author was rushing, I feel like she was thinking "I have point A & point B but I need something to happen between" and just fit in what she could and when she thought it was enough, she hurried on to point B.
I didn't feel connected with any of the characters to be honest.
I ended up forcing myself through the book and got no pleasure from it. The only time it got really good and I wasn't skimming for pages was at the very end in the last chapter or so.

But, like I always tell people, don't go by what I say, Read it yourself. For all we know, you might end up being overly obsessed with this book your so in love with it. Never let someone else influence your actions. That being said, I give this book 3 stars.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top