Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Treasure, Darkly by Jordan Elizabeth Mierek

Synopsis

Seventeen-year-old Clark Treasure assumes the drink he stole off the captain is absinthe… until the chemicals in the liquid give him the ability to awaken the dead.
A great invention for creating perfect soldiers, yes, but Clark wants to live as a miner, not a slave to the army—or the deceased. On the run, Clark turns to his estranged, mining tycoon father for help. The Treasures welcome Clark with open arms, so he jumps at the chance to help them protect their ranch against Senator Horan, a man who hates anyone more powerful than he.
Sixteen-year-old Amethyst Treasure loathes the idea of spending the summer away from her bustling city life to rot on her father’s ranch, but when a handsome young man shows up claiming to be her secret half-brother, her curiosity is piqued. He’s clever, street smart, and has no qualms jumping into the brawl between the Treasures and Horans. Caught in the middle, Horan kidnaps Amethyst, and all she gets is this lousy bullet through her heart.
When Clark brings her back to life, however, the real action starts, and Amethyst joins him in his fight against the Horan clan—whatever the cost. Defeating the Horans may seem easy at first, but going up against men with the same fighting vengeance as Clark, and a Senator with power he’s obtained by brainwashing the masses?
Well, Amethyst’s boring summer at home has turned into an adventure on the run, chock full of intrigue, danger, love, and a mysterious boy named Clark.


My Thoughts
★★★★ Stars
I received this book in return for an honest review.
Treasure Darkly is the first steampunk book I've ever read. While I'm glad it was my first book, I'm also a bit confused wondering if all books are like this VIA time line, this book seemed to take place YEARS ago yet had that "today" vibe.
I'm giving this book four out of five stars because while it was a VERY good book, the characters and story line was awesome... The whole incest vibe was just to much for me. It made me sick to my stomach. Also, I love fast books, I really do, but for this book to be a series, I think some things were a bit TO fast. I personally feel like the end of this book could have been the end of the second book .. kinda build more up to it so it wasn't "BAM!" in your face.
Sadly, for me, this book didn't leave me in a "I'm ready for book two!" mood, it made me feel like "I think I know what is gonna happen." mood. But hey, for all I know, I could be wrong. I won't know till if I ever read the second book.
And I have to add, I think I'm in love with the book cover. Lol

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top