Thursday, June 11, 2015

Courage and Other Demons by Jill Daugherty

Synopsis

“It occurred to me as I stared into the darkness that it was probably a good thing it had taken so long for me to see Simon for who he truly was. If I hadn’t fallen in love with that sweet and kind boy, I wouldn’t have gotten on a plane with him to fly halfway across the world; I wouldn’t have trusted him enough to do what he was asking me to do. And as angry as I was, as much as I hated what my life had become, I knew I had to do what Simon and the others were asking me to do. It all came down to one inescapable belief. I would have to kill or be killed. There were certainly other pieces of the puzzle that were more complex and harder to understand, but that one piece was very clear and unrelenting and it drove me forward, even in those moments when giving up seemed like the most sensible choice I could make.”
The end of the world will start in the suburbs of Denver with a faery transfer student from Ireland. If you think that’s totally ridiculous, then you understand how Maggie O’Neill feels. In all of her sixteen years, faeries were something you read about in children’s books. They didn’t actually show up on your doorstep. They didn’t kiss you and make your knees go weak and whisper sweet nothings in your ear. Until Simon Brady, that is. Simon changed everything. He makes her heart race and her skin burn with excitement, but he has also changed her core beliefs about the world and made her see it as a dark and dangerous place filled with monsters that belong only in the lines of faery tales. There is no doubt in Maggie’s mind that she loves Simon, but can she see past who he is and find a place for him in her heart?


My Thoughts
★★★★★+ Epic as hell Stars!
I received this book in return for an honest review.
HOLY FREAKING CRAP!!!
This book was AMAZING! I was NOT expecting this book to be THIS awesome, I know that is jacked up to say, but it's true. This book blew me away! Everything about it; the characters, the action, the story line-perfect perfect perfect! And the humor was just straight up amazing and had me cracking up like crazy. I could not find ONE thing about this book that I didn't like.
It actually reminded my a lot of the book Wings by Aprilynne Pike (Which I also loved) If you are a Wings fan, you will DEFINITELY love Courage and Other Demons.

2 comments :

  1. I read your review to my family and we are all laughing. I think all of my review should start with, "Holy freaking crap!" Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'm glad y'all enjoyed my review as I enjoyed writing it. ^_^ Loved the book so much and can't wait to get my hands on the rest of the books.

      Delete

Back to Top