Monday, June 29, 2015

Downcast by Cait Reynolds

Synopsis

What would you do when faced with an impossible truth? Written with heart and passion, Downcast by Cait Reynolds is ripe with twists you never saw coming and love that defies the odds in this intense new Paranormal Romance retelling one of mythology’s greatest love stories.
It’s the start of Stephanie Starr’s senior year of high school, but sadly, this is no life of the prom queen. Stuck at the bottom of the high school social totem pole, Stephanie is forced by her domineering mother to wear lumpy linen dresses and eat organic tofu for lunch in a world of mini-skirts and pizza. 
What Stephanie doesn’t anticipate is gorgeous and cocky Haley Smith who breaks social convention and pursues her with a determination that is both terrifying and flattering. Afraid that Haley is simply trying to set her up for massive humiliation, Stephanie does her best to push him away. But the more attention he pays to her, the more she runs, and the more everyone else begins to notice.
Instead of a loving family to support her as the mean girls make their play, Stephanie’s mother begins to unravel mentally, her possessiveness of Stephanie spiraling to new and frightening extremes. Stephanie is forced to grow up, find herself, and learn the truth about her past in order to save her mother, her friends, and her town. When the truth is revealed, nothing can prepare her for the outrageous reality of her existence…and nothing can save her from her fate.
Except Haley.


My Thoughts
★★★★★+ Stars
I received this book via NG in return for an honest review.
Oh man, I'm so in love with this book! ... But I guess to quote the book; "Love is such a mortal word."
I read this book in one sitting! Once I started, I just couldn't stop! This book had me laughing out loud, gasping in shock, worried, you name it. I keep asking myself "Why did you wait so long to read this?!" Everything about this book is great! The humor, writing, characters... just everything was perfect. There was never any information overload, there was never any run ons that made me cringe thinking "Okay, get on with it." Nothing like that! (woot!)
Downcast is a great YA retelling of this story! One I would HIGHLY recommend!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top