Friday, April 28, 2017

What Dread Hand (The Haunting of Grey Hills, #3) by Jennifer Skogen

Synopsis

Title: What Dread Hand
Series: The Haunting of Grey Hills #3
Author: Jennifer Skogen
Genre: Mature Young Adult/Young Adult/Paranormal/Horror
My Rating: 4/5
Add To: Goodreads


What really happened during the Fire of 1966? Go back in time and see the famous tragedy through the eyes of student Henry Grey and history teacher Lorna Evans. Henry's uncle, Principle Grey, is teaching Henry to fight ghosts... but is there something his uncle isn't telling him? Lorna returns to Grey Hills after inheriting her father's house. She also inherits an urn of her grandfather's ashes, which may contain more than meets the eye.

My Thoughts
★★★★ Stars
I think it's safe to say I am addicted to this series. 

I really loved how this book went back in time and explained a lot of how it all started. It actually reminds me a lot of the Fear Street books by RL Stine. 

I really liked that this book didn't have as much cussing as the rest but I still stand by the fact still a lot was unnecessary. Also when she threatened her class that if they move, she would wring their necks. Man if a teacher EVER threatened my kids like that she'd never teach again. 

Any who, I felt this story lacked a bit though. Don't get me wrong, I loved this book. I just feel like it lacked that "umph" that the previous books had. 

But man that surprise blew me away. I knew it had to be somthing like that but it still shocked the heck out of me. 

I really can't wait to read the next book and see where it takes everything

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top