Friday, April 14, 2017

Path to the Key (Destruction of Magic #1) by April Canavan

Synopsis

Title: Path to the Key
Series: Destruction of Magic
Author: April Canavan
Genre: Mature/Adult/Erotica/Supernatural
My Rating: 4/5
Add To: Goodreads

Magic is fading throughout the world and the supernatural realms can feel the strain growing daily, but Sarah doesn't care about any of that. She cares about protecting her son from her vampiric ex-husband who is obsessed with gaining power. She'll stop at nothing to ensure that Alex doesn't get his hands on Jackson, even if it means welcoming more vampires and other supernatural beings into her life. Their journey takes her across the country, seeking the help of a witch that has invaded her son's dreams. A vampire named Zander threatens to bring all of her carefully constructed walls crashing down. She'll break every rule and every preconceived notion they have about her, as long as she can save her son and give him the future that was stolen from her. Sarah's path connects to the very battle that she tries to avoid, and when she embraces not only her growing power, but also her destiny- she might be able to change the tides of fate.




My Thoughts
★★★★ Stars
I received this book in return for an honest review.

I finished this book at 4 this morning and I am still at a loss for words.
I'm just gonna say, you know it is a good book when it makes you want to throw it a couple of times.
Path to the Key was very well written and flowed so smooth it had me hooked from the very start. It had such an interesting story that you can't help but to be drawn in. Even with it's flaws you wonder "But what is going to happen next?" I mean, this book is a roller coaster that will leave you exhausted at the end. I wouldn't blame you if you just sat there staring off into space after you finish it with the "deer in headlights" look. Goodness knows I did. Haha.

As much as I hate to say it, there were a few things that left me upset.





Anyway, xD I really think Winter was my favorite character in all honesty. I mean, the "I am the most powerful witch" every few seconds got really annoying but after she chilled out a bit and stopped saying it so much, she was awesome. As for Sara, she is a puzzle. I like her, I relate. But there is also a part of me that really just wanted to slap her. I think that is why I may like Winter so much. Lol She had finally had enough and told her to hush, listen, and grow up.
I have such a love hate relationship with this book! Lol But I really would recommend it to other supernatural lovers.

I will admit, a few things that happened made me tear up a bit. Even for those I strongly disliked because the pain was so REAL. that is why I say this book like like a roller coaster. You feel every single bit that these characters feel and it leaves you at a loss for words and exhausted that the end.


Keep in mind, this book is a 18 and up book! So if you are 18+ and a supernatural loverm I would recommend it.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top