Thursday, February 11, 2021

{Review} The Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel

Synopsis|줄거리
Original Title: Crime Scene: The Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel
Director: Joe Berlinger
Distributor: Netflix
Released: February 10, 2021
Genre: Documentary/Crime/Mystery
Language: English
Country: USA
My Rating: 3/10
Add To: Netflix
Elisa lam was a 21- Canadian tourist who stayed at the Cecil Hotel in Downtown Los Angeles in February 2013. Weeks later, after disappearing, her body was discovered in the hotel's rooftop water tank. Crime Scene: The Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel is set premiere on Netflix on the 10th Feb. The executive producer and director is Joe Berlinger who was behind the streamer's earlier Conversations with a Killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes and the Paradise Lost trilogy.
Review|리뷰
★★★ Stars

I get you can't really review things like this but... when have I never not given a review?
Can we just start off with how fucking pissed off and disgusted I am that this is even a thing? Like she and her family haven't suffered enough, now they want to reopen wounds in the most aggressive way possible? I told my myself I wouldn't watch this but I guess I'm just a glutton for punishment. 

While I'm pissed, I do admit that I like hearing about the hotels history. What I don't like (and what most of this review will be about) is the stupid fucking "manager"
This bitch has had me flying off the handle pissed as hell SINCE THE START!!! If this woman isn't on drugs, I really question her sanity. I question her in general. She states that she is from the "country" yet waddles her way into the city and suddenly becomes and manager of the biggest murder spot in town? Oh and not only that, she gets to "remodel" it. Lol lady, what now? 

She is so damn UNNATURAL! She reminds me of Joel Osteen! They could be one hell of a pair. She smiles THROUGH THIS WHOLE THING!! I'm sorry, what's so fucking funny that you have to smile about drugs, rape, and murder?! "Oh, but some people smile when they are nervous." -- I get that, I know that's what you are thinking. This... This was not that kind of smile and she would go on and on about how wonderful the hotel was and just seemed like "Oh yeah, all these terrible things happen here, but it's not that bad." I feel like if she had a toddler, she would smile as it wandered the halls of killers. 
And can we talk about how they fucking lied? Well, SHE lied. They "split" the hotel and gave it a second name to bring in more people from out of state because everyone knew the hotel to be a terrible place.... So they WILLINGLY put people in complete danger! They lied through their teeth about EVERYTHING!! "Oh yeah, these 3 floors are 'Stay on Main' but the rest are for the criminals. Don't worry, there are no cameras or no telling if they will stick to going to JUST their floors. You might die, but good luck!!"

Any, and I do mean ANY and EVERY time this woman came on screen, I repeatedly went "What the FUCK!?! Are you INSANE?!"

I really question how half of the shit they pulled is even legal. Can you imagine how many people they have taken advantage of? How many more people lost their lives because of this bullshit? It's heartbreaking and needs to be illegal to "rent out" or what ever the fuck they want to call it. Open it as a shelter, open it as a rental property, I don't care, but STOP allowing it to be a freaking hotel! It's bullshit and dangerous! 

I have only watched up to episode 2 right now because it is literally all I can handle right now, I am shaking I am so angry and disgusted. As weird as it is, I'm only angry at this lady. She just brushes everything off like "eh" with a creepy ass smile on her face. UGH!! If I watch more, I'll update this.... if there is more to add. Pretty sure if I do, It'll just be more of me bitching about this lady. 

As you noticed, I haven't talked about Elisa and I'm not going to. I want justice for her, but I want people to stop profiting off of her death and stop tormenting her family. RIP Elisa. That is all I will say.
Update: I'm glad it was shut down, hope it stays that way.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top