Thursday, February 4, 2021

{Review} 런 온 (Run On)

Synopsis|줄거리
Original Title: 런 온
Also Known As: Run On
Director Lee Jae Hoon
Distributor: jTBC
Released: December 16, 2020
Genre: Drama/Romance/Life/Sports
Language: Korean
Country: South Korea
My Rating: 5/10
Add To: Netflix
Ki Sun Gyeom is a sports agent who was once a popular sprinter on the national team but was forced to quit due to legal issues. Oh Mi Joo writes translated subtitles for movies. She was thrilled to see her name listed among the credits when she first started. Ki Sun Gyeom had just quit sprinting when he encountered Oh Mi Joo, who felt that destiny most certainly brought them together. Seo Dan Ah is the CEO of a sports agency and rightful successor to the Seomyung Group. Despite this, she is held back from advancing in the company due to her gender. She fiercely wishes to reclaim what is rightfully hers and lives her life accordingly. Lee Young Hwa, a university art major who enjoys movies and drawing soon enters her life. Could romance be in the cards for these two couples?
기선 겸과 오미주의 러브 스토리. 기선 겸은 한때 국가 대표팀의 인기 단거리 선수였다. 사건으로 인해 그는 스포츠를 그만 두었습니다. 그런 다음 그는 스포츠 에이전트로 일하기 시작합니다. 한편 오미주는 영화 자막 번역을 씁니다. 그녀는 엔딩 크레딧에서 번역자로 그녀의 이름을 처음 보았을 때 감격했습니다. 단거리 선수 생활을 그만 둔 기선 겸을 만난다. 그녀는 그들이 만날 운명이라고 생각합니다. 서단 아는 스포츠 에이전시의 대표이다. 그녀는 서명 그룹을 운영하는 남자의 외동 딸이다. 그녀는 성별 때문에 서명 그룹의 후계자 명단에 밀려 난다. 그녀는 원래 그녀에게 속한 것을 되찾기 위해 치열하게 산다. 이영화는 그녀의 삶에 등장한다. 그는 미술을 전공하는 대학생입니다. 그는 영화와 크로키 그림을 좋아합니다.
Review|리뷰
★★★★★ Stars
I want to be one of those that was completely in love with this show. I really do... but ,half the time this show had me warning to rip my hair out. And we KNOW how I feel about stuff that makes me feel this way. Lol

While I'm in no way shape or form saying this show was bad or terrible, it was actually quite good. I just had more issues with is than I would have liked. Such as, who was the main character? No. Really. Who was it? There are 4 people labeled as main characters, which would make sense.... if they were always... there? I guess? I wish I knew how to explain this part. Lol It's confusing but hell, I'm confused. This was the first kind of show I have ever watched that told two storylines at the exact same time. Which I guess makes sense because they all knew each other but half the time some of the main characters were nowhere to be seen. Mostly Ki Seon‑gyeom (Im Siwan) and if you see the show, you know exactly what I mean. I honestly thought he was a supporting cast member through a lot of episodes. 

Can we talk about the characters though? Mostly Dan-ah? I literally hate this woman. From episode one, I hated the character so much I wanted to scream but I held on because I'm like... surely she won't be like this the whole time. Surely NONE of them will still be the same through the WHOLE thing. I was wrong. I think MAYBE in the last two episodes there were brief moments where she was nice and acted like she had a heart. But to me, that wasn't enough. I don't think you get to be a bitch to everyone in every episode and expect everything to be okay after you're nice to them for 2 seconds in the last two episodes. Naw. So was her character redeemed? Hell no. Not to me at least. Was I happy about what she did to her brother? Dude all he wanted through this WHOLE show was to just be her brother. That's it. But she had to be a bitch to him through it all then the last episode be like "eh"-- are you kidding me? That shit hurt. I think people who aren't a step-sibling have no idea how much that hurts. And let's not forget her "I pretended to be gay to avoid getting married" ... this... this is why people still ASSUME "oh it's just a phase" and people are never taken serious when they come out. So no. I hate her. So fucking MUCH! I actually might hate her more than Jung-Do, and that's saying something.. cuz he was a straight up bastard. That's all the time I'll wasted talking about that dung pile.

I didn't like the ending. I mean I did, but I didn't. You have all this drama through the whole show, so many problems, even with side characters and with the last episode it's like a bandaid was just slapped on everything to make it "better" -- when it wasn't. I expected growth. I expected bonding. I expected a lot more than what was given. I also didn't like that there were side characters that "seemed" to have important roles, yet... never showed up again and if they did, I didn't remember their names.... at all. Yep. You heard me. I don't remember any of the side characters except the kid that was bullied and I don't even remember his name. SMH. I hate when shows do that. 

Would I tell you to not watch this? No way. I hope you watch it! I want everyone to watch it. It was a good show... even if it did drive me nuts half the time. Lol and it wasn't all bad. I know that's all my review has talked about so much but ... there was a lot of good too. I liked how the mom finally stepped up. I freaking ADORED Tae Woong. Lol he was so adorable. I really would love to see a side story about him. I liked how Young Hwa finally stopped letting his heart get stepped on -- even though I'm still confused about how they ended up. I did like how Seon-Gyeom and Mi-Joo worked out though. That was worth it all on it's own.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top