Thursday, December 31, 2020

{Review} 쌍갑포차 (Mystic Pop-Up Bar)

Synopsis|줄거리
Original Title: 쌍갑포차
Also Known As: Mystic Pop-Up Bar
Director: Jun Chang Geun
Distributor: JTBC
Released: May 20, 2020
Genre: Supernatural/Drama/Fantasy
Language: Korean
Country: South Korea
My Rating: 9/10
Add To: Netflix
“Mystic Pop-Up Bar” is based on a popular webtoon of the same name and tells the story of a mysterious pojangmacha (outdoor drinking establishment) run by a prickly woman and an innocent part-timer who visit customers in their dreams to help resolve their problems.
늦은 밤, 낯선 곳에 나타난 의문의 포장마차, 그곳에서 일어나는 이야기를 담은 드라마

~~Based on: Twin Tops Bar; by Bae Hye-soo.
Review|리뷰
★★★★★★★★★ Stars
Watching this went so much faster than I thought it would. I started it just to see what the hype was about and ended up nearly done with the whole thing by the time I realized how sucked in I was. Lol

I really liked a lot about this show especially the unique way that it told the past and present story, and they did it in such a way that -- well ... I didn't hate it. Lol I tend to hate things that bounce back and forth but how they managed to do it was really interesting and kept me hooked through it all.

The acting by everyone was really amazing even though they kept introducing new characters (which honestly annoyed me to no ends but still I couldn't hate it) so big and little roles were well played and meant a lot to the story.

I think the main issue I had was the last episode, while no, I wasn't expecting that kind of ending at all, I feel like I was on drugs through most of it. I don't know if it's because of how it bounced around or what. But half the time I was asking myself "are they asleep? Is this even happening?" and by the time I realize it was actually happening, something else would happen and I would be lost as hell. I mean it made sense in some ways I guess? Oh what am I saying - it didn't. Least not to me with what had been said through they whole show. So when all that happened it really threw me off and left me feeling like I was tripping balls or something.

Yet in the end, I do still love the drama and think this is one of those shows that everyone should take a peek at to see if they like it as well.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top