Saturday, May 16, 2020

{Review} 부부의 세계 (The World of the Married)

Synopsis
Original Title: 부부의 세계
Also Known As: The World of the Married (English title) / Couple's World (literal title)
Director: Mo Wan-Il
Distributor: JTBC
Released: March 27 - May 16, 2020
Episodes: 16
Genre: Drama/
Language: Korean
Country: South Korea
My Rating: 9/10
Add To: *Will update when added to Netflix*

Ji Sun-Woo (Kim Hee-Ae) is a family medicine doctor. She is married to Lee Tae-Oh (Park Hae-Joon) and they have a son. She seems to have everything, including a successful career and a happy family, but she is betrayed by her husband and others.
Meanwhile Lee Tae-Oh dreams of becoming a famous movie director. He runs an entertainment business with the support of his wife Ji Sun-Woo. Even though he loves his wife, Lee Tae-Oh falls into a dangerous relationship.
My Thoughts
★★★★★★★★★  Stars

I am at a loss for words. I feel like I need medication after watching this show. For my avid followers you know I hate starting anything that isn't already finished: books, movies, shows... ya know. But I have to admit, I'm not sure what it was about this show that sucked me in. When the first episode aired I was like "eh", not even sure how I landed on it or why I stayed on it instead of going to something else. I mean, I'm glad I didn't. The show turned out pretty well..... maybe just not for my sanity.

I have never followed a show so freaking close before and I used to shake my head at those who were always like "I have to be home at such-and-such time because I CAN'T miss my show!!" ..... That ended up being me. So, my apologies. LOL! Y'all have no idea how bad I wanted to do episode by episode reviews but I knew if I did that each episode review wouldn't have much except "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!?!" Don't get me wrong, this show ENDED with me screaming "What the hell was that?!"

Y'all know how Parasite won tons of awards? I wouldn't be shocked if 부부의 세계 won awards. I say this with full confidence because as I followed this show, I also followed news about it and I can honestly say these actors played their parts WAY to well. Lol From one actor getting death threats to one actress being called a whore, slut, homewrecker. You name it. Mind you, these people aren't calling the characters this - they are calling the actors themselves this. Which is so mind blowing to me. But, you know, I can't say anything because ... this show did ruin some actors for me. Lol even ones that I really loved before from previous shows. It's like when I see them, I'll always remember this show instead. Which sucks but is awesome at the same time because that just shows how good of actors they all are. If you can make people who are watching A SCREEN - forget that it is literally just a show, that is bad ass to me. But I also feel bad for the ones having to go through all of this mess right now. Hopefully people will stop and remember "this is just a show."

The storyline is so freaking basic too! I had someone ask me what this show was about and it kinda shook me because of how basic the ACTUAL storyline is but has so much (I really don't know what word I am looking for right now so PLEASE forgive me.) but there is just something there that makes it so much more in depth that it's like it reaches out and grabs you by the head and is like "lol you aren't going anywhere" even when there are times that commercials come on, you don't dare move because you don't want to miss anything.

I have screamed so much watching this show that it is almost embarrassing to admit. I can't remember the last time I was ever actually that angry and wanting justice. I also found myself unbothered by near deaths of some characters. Which is sad and kinda scary. So why am I putting this? Because if anyone reads this before or after the show and they feel that, they'll know they aren't alone. Helps to know you're not the only one.

Of all the characters, can I just put it out there that there is really only ONE likeable character? Go Ye-rim (박선영/Park Sun-young). If you really think about it, she is literally the ONLY innocent character. The one who was done so dirty and STILL maintained being the pure one. She didn't deserve what happened to her one bit and it freaking broke my heart into a million pieces.
As for the rest of the characters, they can kiss my ass. Do you know that by the end of this show I think the one character that annoyed me the most was their son Lee Joon-young (전진서/Jeon Jinseo)
**Side note here, 전진서 is literally just a kid and already under fire because of something he posted online LIKE ANY NORMAL KID WOULD DO!!! Also under fire that he was "smoking and drinking".... he kid is 13/15. Are.... are you kidding me? For one, I'm sure that is total bullshit and even if it's not, while I don't support that - do people not remember what it was like being a teenager? Holy hell teen years are so unnecessary Lol why must ANY of us have to go through that mess? So what I say is his CHARACTER, not him as a person**

When I say he was the most annoying, I do realize he was just a teenager. I remember what it was like. It was hell. You're trying to sort through your own mess, Lord knows what it does to someone to have to deal with being a yo-yo for adults to fight over. Its messed up. BUT... there were some parts in this show where all he really needed to do was sit the hell down and let the grownups do their thing.. but he decided to be a little asshole and cause MORE drama, even though it could have been handled quickly. And the sassing his mama all the time made me mad as hell. My mama would whoop my butt if I did half of what he did. Lol Close to the end I really started liking him again though... Only for it to end with me wanting to throttle him. DUDE! How can you do that to your mom?! I know you're upset, but did you have to do that?! FOR THAT LONG?! What... just.... UGH!!!! WHAT THE HELL?!?!

Don't get me wrong, I hate dang near all the characters. But the show was so good. Yet.... made me feel like I needed a xanax or something to just calm the hell down (I don't mean that in getting high, I mean like actually calming anxiety down medical meaning) I would still recommend this show. HAHA!! I don't know! OMG I don't know why I like it so much. It's like a freaking train wreck that you just can't look away from! All I can say is if you start if, I really hope you don't plan on sleeping anytime soon because you WILL get invested in it. I really hope you do. Even if the ending was anticlimactic. I feel like it could have ended so much better. It just built and built and built, it was driving me insane and then they just offered that little tibbit and I was sitting there looking at the screen like "oh hell no. That's all!?" so yeah, prepare for that Lol

I'm sure there is so much more I could talk about - but I feel like if I don't stop now, I really will keep going. Like for the friend that asked "What is it about?" I could have left it at "Cheating ass men and the women who fight like hell to keep their family together" but nooooo I had to keep going. Pretty sure I went on so long that they were probably thinking "I'm sorry I asked. Please shut up now." XD
Which I'm sure my readers are thinking the same. Lol But if you happen to watch this show, please let me know what you think!!
**Also, yes I know this is based off of Dr Foster, no I don't plan on watching that one. I think this one was enough for me. Lol**
How I really felt about a lot of characters lol

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top