Wednesday, October 18, 2017

{Review} The Dead House by Dawn Kurtagich

Synopsis
Title: The Dead House
Author: Dawn Kurtagich
Pages: 400
Published: September 15th 2015
Publisher: Little, Brown Books
Genre: Young Adult/Horror/Mystery/Paranormal
My Rating: 3/5
Add To: Goodreads

Three students: dead.
Carly Johnson: vanished without a trace.

Two decades have passed since an inferno swept through Elmbridge High, claiming the lives of three teenagers and causing one student, Carly Johnson, to disappear. The main suspect: Kaitlyn, "the girl of nowhere."
Kaitlyn's diary, discovered in the ruins of Elmbridge High, reveals the thoughts of a disturbed mind. Its charred pages tell a sinister version of events that took place that tragic night, and the girl of nowhere is caught in the center of it all. But many claim Kaitlyn doesn't exist, and in a way, she doesn't - because she is the alter ego of Carly Johnson.
Carly gets the day. Kaitlyn has the night. It's during the night that a mystery surrounding the Dead House unravels and a dark, twisted magic ruins the lives of each student that dares touch it.
Debut author Dawn Kurtagich masterfully weaves together a thrilling and terrifying story using psychiatric reports, witness testimonials, video footage, and the discovered diary - and as the mystery grows, the horrifying truth about what happened that night unfolds.


My Thoughts
★★★ Stars

WTF.
No. Seriously. What the f*ck was that?

Once I started this book, I couldn't - wouldn't put it down. It's kept me sucked in and was so d*mn compelling that I NEEDED to know what was the cause of all of this. Was She crazy? Who did it? Was it paranormal? What is real? What is fake? So many questions. Thought many answers would soon be answered.

Until...

The ending. Not only was there absolutely no answers. It was the most anticlimactic thing I have ever laid my eyes upon. Like soggy d*mn Wheaties cereal or something. 

This whole book is lies! LIES I TELL YOU!!!

It builds and sucks you in and keeps you were... like the freaking dead house and then the end happens and you are left wondering what in the hell your suppose to do with it. I have no WORDS for what I feel about that, honestly. I think facial features covers that, pretty much. 

So because of the ending, it will be 3 stars instead of 5.

I would like to ADD that this book was awesome, the ONLY thing I didn't like was the ending. I thought it could have ended better or at least there would be a book 2 or something. That's just my thoughts on it. I hate cliffhangers. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top