Tuesday, June 25, 2019

{Review} The Kraken of Cape Madre by J.P. Barnett

Synopsis

Title: The Kraken of Cape Madre: A Creature Feature Horror Suspense
Series: Lorestalker Book 2
Author: J.P. Barnett
Pages: 239
Published: June 3rd 2019
Publisher: Evolved Publishing LLC
Genre: Adult/Supernatural/Thriller
My Rating: 5/5
Add To: Goodreads

Spring break will never be the same after a legendary creature rises from the depths.
It’s been almost two years, but the nightmares still haunt Miriam Brooks—grisly images of her brother being slaughtered. A relaxing Spring Break at the beach seems like a good way to put some distance between her and the troubling past, but paradise shatters when she saves a tourist from something lurking beneath the waves.
Soon, she’s on the trail of a sea creature from the legends of Vikings and Pirates. The fishermen of Cape Madre tell tales for the right price, and Miriam quickly learns of a string of disappearances all related to this mysterious monster.
The cops and the coast guard are meant to handle the crimes of men, but Miriam’s been trained to find the creatures of lore—creatures like this. Pulled back into the life she wants to forget, Miriam is the last line of defense between man and myth.
My Thoughts
★★★★★ Stars
I received this book in return for a honest review.

Barnett has skills. He has the ability to take a reader anywhere and everywhere and make you feel every bit of emotions his characters are feeling.

I hate sea books. Won't even lie there. But I loved Barnett's first Lorestalker book, so I knew I could trust this book would be just as amazing. It. Did. Not. Fail.
Oh man, this book is one of a kind for me, literally. Haha.

The pacing was perfect and the tension. Oh gosh the tension was crazy. I felt like a rubberband pulled to tight. The buildup was worth the wait. I admit, I thought I saw some of the things coming, but most times than not... I was freaking wrong about them! Which I love! Lol Unpredictable books are always the bomb to me.

I can't wait to see what book three has in store. I know it will be bad ass!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top