Sunday, July 4, 2021

{Review} Fear Street Part 1

Synopsis|줄거리
Original Title: Fear Street Part 1
Director Leigh Janiak
Distributor: Chernin Entertainment
Released: July 2, 2021
Genre: Horror/Thriller/Action/YA
Language: English
Country: USA
My Rating: 10/10
Add To: Netflix
After a series of brutal slayings, a teen and her friends take on an evil force that's plagued their notorious town for centuries.
~~ Adapted from the Fear Street series by R.L. Stine.
Review|리뷰
★★★★★★★★★★ Stars

THIS IS IT!!! THIS IS MY TIME TO SHIIIIIIINE!!!!! AND YES I AM SCREAMING!!!!!!

I can not TELL you how excited I am about this movie! I have been screaming since the start well to after it has ended. I loved this movie so freaking much!!

I won't lie, the second they released information that this movie was being made, I was so scared they would completely butcher this movie and it would just be a nightmare. I should have had more faith in R.L. Stine
Should have known he wouldn't let them do his fans wrong. lol Hats off to him and everyone involved making this movie! In the end, it was so much better than what I could have ever expected! I know they didn't really follow the books, but I can't even be mad at it because they still made it so badass! The managed to take every element from the Fear Street books and incorporate it into the movie and holy hell the talent they have for doing so is amazing as hell. 

I can't tell you how many times I gasped, did little dances and just plain out lost my mind seeing everything come back to life from the 90s and the music. Oh my gah the music had me tearing up because of all the nostalgia. I seriously felt like a kid again. This movie is already a favorite of mine for 2021 and it will be hard as hell to dethrone it. I'm stating this now. Lol

The one thing I don't understand is why people are comparing this to Stranger Things? Like.... what the hell? Are you new here? Are you even a 90's kid? Stranger Things wishes it was on the same level as Fear Street. I said what I said!! It irritates the piss outta me that people are trying to say it was "barely 90s". My guy, are you fucking insane? Everything was there. Lol It was 1994, what the hell did you expect? I don't get it. Lol Just stop, you're not special. Lol Every 90's kid is thankful and fangirling their asses off. 
Anyway, sorry for that rant, back to the actual movie.... Bro, these actors blew my mind and not only that, they looked like actors from the 90s, it's so crazy how lost my mind got into this movie. Lol I swear I'm trying to write a comprehensive review but my brain is still stuck in screaming fangirl mode. lol

Can we just talk about how the gore was straight out of the Fear Street books as well? I really thought they wouldn't do that or they would only do "tame" things since it's video and technically YA... but, I'm glad they did it how they did. It really felt like a new Fear Street book had come to life right in front of me. I hope this movie gets more views and more loves, because all it deserves is love!!! It really is a blessing for 90's babies and teens! This is a movie we never knew we needed in our lives and not to mention it kept that "90s horror" theme alive and you know exactly what I mean if you have watched stuff like Scream, Jason, and other older films. Lol I can't wait for the second movie. I'm so excited!!!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top