Thursday, June 3, 2021

{Review} 陈情令之生魂 (Untamed: Living Dead)

Synopsis|줄거리
Original Title: 陈情令之生魂
Also Known As: The Untamed: The Living Dead
Director Qiu Zhong Wei
Distributor: iQiyi
Released: November 7, 2019
Genre: Action/Fantasy/Historical
Language: Mandarin
Country: China
My Rating: 10/10
Add To: VIKI | iQiyi
Near Qishan Mountain, there is a little town called Fu Feng, which is nicknamed the "City That Never Turns Dark". There, lies a legend of the "Lit Lamp Murderer". Wen Ning arrives at Fu Feng, and he realizes the abnormality of the town; the whole town is filled only with the weak and sick; and is very run down. When the night arrives, Wen Ning purposefully lit up a lamp to attract ghost shadows. Just as he was about to capture them, a ray of blue sword light appears and the black shadow disappears. Wen Ning looks up, and sees his famillar friend, Lan Sizhui. Wen Ning and Lan Sizhui decides to work together and solve the mystery and capture the culprit behind the mysterious incidents.
靠近岐山,有一座曾被称作“小不夜天城”的扶风城。很久以前,此城花灯闪耀,夜如白昼。然而现在却被黑暗笼罩,流传着“点灯杀人”的传说。主人公温宁来到扶风城后,一入城,便发现了很多反常之处,整个城里都是老弱病残,一副萧条破败之景。黑夜来临,温宁刻意点灯,引来鬼影。正要将他擒获之时,一道蓝色剑光袭来,那黑影借机逃离。温宁抬眼一看,一道熟悉的身影从门外飞驰而入,正是他的旧相识,蓝氏子弟蓝思追。随后,温宁与蓝思追一起携手,经过不懈努力,二人最终解开谜团,擒住了幕后黑手,还百姓一个太平世间。。
~~This movie is a spinoff of the series “The Untamed.” Adapted from the novel "Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation" (魔道祖师) by Mo Xiang Tong Xiu (墨香铜臭).
Review|리뷰
★★★★★★★★★★ Stars

A spinoff with two of my favorite characters?! Oh hunny.... you KNEW I would fly to this movie as soon as possible and devour it. Lol

I loved absolutely everything about it.
Usually when it comes to spinoffs, I somewhat panic in thinking they'll somehow ruin the original storyline or ruin the characters for me in some way but props to the writer/directors and everyone else. This is what all spin offs should be like! Like a tree, you have the main story going big and strong, but then you have branches that offer to the main story and I admit there was some information in this movie that I don't remember seeing in the show which kinda left me like O_O
I mean if it was there, I must have blinked and missed it, but that is besides the point.

I loved seeing Wen Ning and Sizhui together! This is what I needed in my life! I loved the storyline and how they stayed with the original story but made it their own, if that makes sense? I love stories that are like this.

All of the characters were amazing and well played, in my eyes, no one else could have done better.

That plot twist threw me though, lol usually I'd like to think I'm pretty good at guessing what was going to happen or who the bad guy is but I don't know if it was because I was just so excited or if the movie just really blew me away that when the plot twist hit, I got whiplash. XD


You know I had to give this a 10/10. If I could give it more, I would!!
**I plan on rewatching this soon, so I'm sure more will be added to this!**

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top