Monday, May 24, 2021

{Review} The Wretched

Synopsis|줄거리
Original Title: The Wretched
Director Brett Pierce, Drew T. Pierce
Distributor: Little Runway
Released: April 29, 2020
Genre: Horror/Mystery/Paranormal
Language: English
Country: USA
My Rating: 5/10
Add To: HULU
A defiant teenage boy, struggling with his parents' imminent divorce, faces off with a thousand year-old witch, who is living beneath the skin of and posing as the woman next door.
여름방학을 맞아 아빠집에 놀러온 소년 '벤'이 마을에서 벌어지는 기이한 사건을 조사하고 마녀로부터 아이들을 구하는 내용의 영화
Review|리뷰
★★★★★ Stars

So I actually had not heard of this movie until it popped up on my recommendations today and I'm glad it did! I wish I had heard about it sooner because this turned out to be a really interesting movie.

Though it was not as scary as I thought it would be, I think of it as more of a paranormal thriller, I guess? I really wish it had went into more detail about what the creature was. I hate when movies just rely on "it's a monster" kind of thing. It leaves me with way to many questions. Especially when scenes pop up involving salt, like that's the protection of all protections. It's.....not? Lol I mean don't get me wrong, it's powerful but can you imagine throwing salt at a skinwalker? It'd probably just look at you like "The fuck?"
And I know "witch" is tossed around a bit, but come on... that just leaves so much open, that is still doesn't give you much to go on. I wish if it was a lure or myth they had put the story in there some how.

That ending was awesome though! I was NOT expecting all of those plot twists! My jaw hit the floor. 

EDIT: At the time I watched this movie, I wrote the review and forgot to hit publish! My bad. But the more I think on this now, the more the movie just doesn't stick with me and it hasn't been that long since I watched it. I know the parts I remember were mostly really good but the rest was kinda "eh" -- so I've been battling the rating for a while because I originally had it set at 6, but I kinda want to give it 4? So I'll settle on 5. I'm still shook about that ending though. Lol 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top