Wednesday, May 12, 2021

{Review} 빈센조 (Vincenzo)

Synopsis|줄거리
Original Title: 빈센조
Also Known As: Vincenzo
Director Kim Hee-Won
Distributor: tvN
Released: February 20, 2021
Genre: Action/Romance/Crime/Mafia
Language: Korean
Country: South Korea
My Rating: 10/10
Add To: Netflix
At the age of 8, Park Joo-Hyeong went to Italy after he was adopted. He is now an adult and has the name of Vincenzo Cassano (Song Joong-Ki). He is a lawyer, who works for the Mafia as a consigliere. Because of a war between mafia groups, he flees to South Korea. In South Korea, he gets involved with Lawyer Hong Cha-Young (Jeon Yeo-Bin). She is the type of attorney who will do anything to win a case. Vincenzo Cassano falls in love with her. He also achieves social justice by his own way.
대한민국의 국민들은 안도하며 말한다. 한국에는 마피아, 야쿠자, 삼합회, 카르텔 같은 거대 범죄 조직이 없어 다행이라고. 그러나 이건 엄청난 착각이다. 탐욕이 지배하는 세상에는 [빌런 총량의 법칙]이 존재한다. 한국도 예외는 아니며 이 '총량'은 교묘하게 숨겨져 있다. 과거의 이념과 망령에 사로잡혀 혐오와 증오를 부추기는 저열한 정치인, 정의수호는 커녕 인권을 파괴하고 권력에 눈이 먼 비루한 공권력, 이들에 빌붙어 가짜 뉴스를 양산하는 파렴치한 언론, 이에 기꺼이 '쩐주'가 돼 주는 대기업. 이들이 바로 대한민국의 마피아이자 거대 카르텔이다. 이 작품은 '법' 위에 군림하며 '법 정신'을 거스르는 '코리안 카르텔'에 대한 분노와 무기력함을 해소하기 위해 기획됐다. 진짜 마피아가 [마피아 방식]으로 이 카르텔을 궤멸 시키는 과정을 통해, 이 땅에 깊이 박힌 악을 축출하기 위해서는 때로는 변칙적이고 독한 방법도 필요함을 말하고 싶었다.
Review|리뷰
★★★★★★★★★★ Stars
I feel hollow. But not in a bad way. I feel like I've been watching this show for years (I know it wasn't. Lol) so I feel way to attached to all of these characters. This show was perfect, okay! lol

I admit when I first started this show, I was not in to it -- at all. It just isn't my kind of thing, Never has been, but I had someone behind me, pushing me to keep watching and I'm so glad they did! I got hooked so fast, I felt like I was losing my mind waiting for new episodes. Lol I was so worried about this show and it's ending, I just wanted it to keep going forever.

If you have been eyeing this show, I'm telling you, YOU NEED TO WATCH IT!! There was never a dull episode (even if you're like me and it's not your thing, this show might actually change your mind). I always felt like I just got off a rollercoaster when a episode was over.

(honestly right now, my thoughts are scattered -- I just have constant screaming in my head since the last episode)
Everything about this show was unique for me and so intense! All of the characters were mastered perfectly by those who played them. It changed my views on so many actors. Like, they played their parts so well I know I need to step away and calm down for a bit. But I love that. I love when a actor plays the part so well. It just shows how talented they are!

I know some people have a issue with this har mafia guy suddenly teaming up with strangers and helping them (I questioned it at first two) but I loved seeing how cold he was at first, only for him to later really seem them as his family. I loved seeing this story progress the way it did. I get it's not for everyone, but it really made the whole show better that way. I loved that by the end, he really did pretty much have his own little mafia. Lol

I loved the comedy that was squeezed in some places to help lighten the mood when it really needed it, I don't think any of them were misplaced or pointless. I really feel like they were perfect and added more to the story. With everything going on I'm glad they had that or I think most of us would have either cried ourselves to death or had heart attacks. Hahah

THAT ENDING!! Omg. The last two episodes in general had me sobbing my eyes out. I don't even know what to say about them. There was so much raw emotion and it was .... brutal, honestly. But so worth it. I wouldn't change anything about them. But I really am curious if there will be a season 2 or not. They ended it in such a way that it could go either way. It's been a long time since I've seen a show like that. Usually it's pretty cut and dry about which way it could go but this one, they really were like "well... we might and we might not" and I can't even get mad at it because it's still a great ending. Lol All the tears were worth it!!

I'm sure I'll come back later to update this once my brain stops screaming. Haha

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top