Monday, April 26, 2021

{Review} 시지프스: The Myth (Sisyphus: The Myth)

Synopsis|줄거리
Original Title: 시지프스: The Myth
Also Known As: Sisyphus: The Myth
Director Jin Hyeok
Distributor: JTBC
Released: Feburary 17, 2021
Genre: Action/Romance/Scince Fiction
Language: Korean
Country: South Korea
My Rating: 2/10
Add To: Netflix
A time travel story between a genius engineer Han Tae-Sul (Cho Seung-Woo) and his savior from the future Gang Seo-Hae (Park Shin-Hye). Han Tae-Sul is a genius engineer and the co-founder of Quantum and Time Company. He is handsome and he produces innovative results. Thanks to his efforts, Quantum and Time has become a world-class enterprise. He is known as a miracle worker and a hero in Korea, but reality is a little different. After his older brother's death 10 years ago, he has exhibited eccentric behavior. The company's stock price has fluctuated accordingly. One day, Han Tae-Sul learns of an unreliable truth behind his brother's death. His dangerous journey begins. Gang Seo-Hae is an elite warrior. She can take down the biggest men with just her bare hands. She is also a sharpshooter and able to make bombs. She learned these skills to survive in a world that is dominated by gangsters and military cliques. One day, after a long and dangerous journey, she comes to Han Tae-Sul to save him.
퀀텀 앤 타임의 공동 창업자 한태 설은 엔지니어 패션 감각을 능가하는 뛰어난 외모로 최고 수준의 코딩 기술을 갖춘 천재 엔지니어 다. 그의 혁신적인 업적 덕분에 퀀텀 앤 타임은 "대한민국 엔지니어링 산업의 기적"으로 불리는 세계적인 기업입니다. 실제로 태설은 10 년 전 형이 사망 한 이후 회사의 주식이 끊임없이 변동하도록 만들었다. 어느 날 그는 형의 죽음에 대한 믿을 수없는 진실을 목격 한 후 위험한 여행을 떠납니다. 강서 해는 건물에서 건물까지 짚 라인을하고, 맨손으로 큰 건물과 싸우고, 총을 쏘고, 폭발물을 설치할 수있는 병사입니다. 갱스터와 군벌 사이에서 살면서 배운 생존 기술로 한태술을 찾는 위험한 길을 떠난다.
Review|리뷰
★★ Stars

DROPPED: I said what I said below and I'd say it again.
I physically and mentally can not bring myself to finish this shit show.

I tried. I really tired. From the synopsis to the start of the show, I was hooked. Even with the ridiculous CGI, it was amazing. But as it went on -- the show just got worse and worse to the point it was like dragging my eyeballs across sand and broken glass. I would try multiple times to start a episode and end up cutting it off 5 minutes in (if even that)

Even then, I tried to give this show the benefit, I still tried to watch and I started noticing a pattern (mind you, i tried watching this as soon as it was airing) that any and every time views dipped, they would drop something BTS related and views would rocket again. So believe it or not, they really did use BTS and their fans for their own gain for a shitty show.
I honestly feel like this show would have tanked from the start if they hadn't seen the reaction that BTS poster gained.
-- and can we talk about that scene though?
Why would you use Spring Day? I'm disgusted they used a song for a tragedy in this show. (but the setting -- I don't care. Don't come at me. It's a show, fake. That tragedy was a real thing. And not only that, the actress didn't even know the song. I don't know what the hell she was humming/half-assed singing, but it wasn't what was playing. (Spring Day)

I'm sure to some, the show got bad ass after all the cringe, frankly, I guess I will never know. As much as I hate dropping shows, I just can't do this one. It makes me frustrated.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top