Tuesday, March 16, 2021

{Review} Sky of Love

Synopsis|줄거리
Original Title: 恋空
Also Known As: Sky of Love/Koizora
Director: Natsuki Imai
Distributor: TBS, Toho
Released: November 30, 2007
Genre: Drama/Romance/Tear Jerker/True Story
Language: Japanese
Country: Japan
My Rating: 8/10
Add To: N/A
Mika is in her first year of high school. While Mika accidentally met a flashily dressed boy called Hiro at school, she turns and flees. They soon fall in love each other. Their days pass happily, but the trouble is coming to them...
~~Based on manga series "Koizora" by 美嘉 (Mika; based on her own experiences)
~~This is also the movie adaptation of the show.
Review|리뷰
★★★★★★★★ Stars
So I'm not even going to sit here and pretend I am fine. I finished the actual show and lost my ever loving mind. Me being the idiot I am was like "let's rip this off like a bandaid!" so I broke down and watched this... and my mind went into autopilot. Y'all, I think I dissociated through the first cut of the movie. I'm sorry. Lol

If I'm completely serious, I didn't like it as much as I did the show. I felt like they left out a LOT of information that was offered in the show. Now, mind you, I haven't read the manga -- and probably won't. I don't do well with movies/shows like this. It was like this with The Fault In Our Stars and A Walk To Remember. I sobbed myself into depression for so long. Especially since cancer is a touchy subject for me.
Did I hate the show? Not at all. I just with they explained things a bit more. Like her love for the sky seems a little off in the movie even though in the show they kinda tell you why, and she's always looking at the sky, meanwhile in the movie, it's kinda a passing topic.
Also in the show, it shows him being the one to lose his phone, which makes sense because a lot of information comes out over the teddy bear charm on his phone that just makes it make sense. The movie kinda has it set up where it's like he saw her once and stalked her. Lol
So there were a lot of differences and I get it, movies need to do that to save time.. but... I mean come on, these were pretty important.

I thought I was gonna be a bad bitch and not cry at the end because I knew what to expect. My guys....... I sobbed like a cry baby again. Like, all the air just left my lungs. I swear I'm not going to be the same after this story.

Can we talk about the ending? (this could be a possible spoiler; sorry! this is your warning)
We see her holding 2 pairs of gloves at the end, one being a child size, which as we know every 24th, they leave BABY sized things at the grave. Yet at the very end, it was just her 3 family members, and I feel like those that haven't seen the show won't realize she's a mother? Like I don't understand why you would drop that hint in the smallest form possible. That actually kinda made me mad because PERSONALLY I feel like the whole ending that would lift your spirit is to see her and Hiro's daughter run up to her saying "mommy" while dressed in all the relevant things that connected Mika and Hiro.
While I have not read the manga, I heard from those that have say yes, she did in fact have his baby.

Honestly I wish there was more I could say about this movie but I feel like I poured most of my guts and feelings into the show review I left. So if you want the full review of me falling apart, I recommend checking out my review there. Lol

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top