Thursday, March 25, 2021

{Review} 롱타임노씨 (Long Time No See)

Synopsis|줄거리
Original Title: 롱타임노씨
Also Known As: Long Time No See
Director Kang Woo
Distributor: Naver TV Cast
Released: November 23, 2017
Genre: Action/Romance/BL
Language: Korean
Country: South Korea
My Rating: 9/10
Add To: Netflix
The renowned hitman, "Flying Dagger’" starts dating "Wild Dog" who isn't really what he seems to be. While both of them hide their secrets, they cannot help falling in love with each other. They run into danger as gangsters chase after them. Will "Flying Dagger" reveal his secret identity? Will they be able to overcome obstacles and keep their love?
Review|리뷰
★★★★★★★★★ Stars
So apparently I have watched this 2 other times before but I keep forgetting that I've watched it until about half way through and it dawns on me "I've seen this before" -- why can I never remember that I've seen it? It's not a terrible show, not at all. If anything it's very good! So why I can't remember is beyond me. X_X Hopefully writing this review will help me remember. Lol

I really loved the story of this show, it's like a new-age LGBQT+ Romeo and Juliet ... without the death part. Lol and can we talk about the mafia take on this? I know there are a ton of mafia movies out there but this one seemed more unique with the characters and sexual statuses. Now, I admit, they could have all had better "code names". They were almost laughable -- like something you read written by a teenager. Don't come for me, I'm sorry. Haha I can't help thinking that because they really are the most basic code names. All that was missing was a "night hawk". Rofl. Okay, I'm sorry. On with the show.

I really wish this show was longer though so we could see how everything would really play out, while I really loved that ending, I know there has to be more to happen after that. This is one of those endings that feel finished yet open at the same time. I wish I knew a better way to explain it but they're so rare that I never really think about it.

I kinda wish we got to see more of the sister as well, she needs her own show/movie to show her side of the story and find a possible love interest! lol as weird as it is, she is probably my favorite character even though her part is so small. I love sibling relationships that are super closer. I relate a lot with them so I feel like I understand them better and I love how accepting she is about her brother. I know I know, apparently the bar is low because it should be a "normal" thing, but let's face it, in this day and age, it's still not fully "acceptable" so yeah I can't help but to have that bit of excitement when a character does accept them; but I digress.

If this has been on your TBW list or you've been tempted to watch it, this is your sign to watch it now! lol

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top