Monday, February 1, 2021

{Review} 呪怨:呪いの家 (JU-ON: Origins)

Synopsis|줄거리
Original Title: 呪怨:呪いの家
Also Known As: JU-ON: Origins/The Grudge: Origins
Director Sho Miyake
Distributor: NBCUniversal Entertainment Japan/Netflix
Released: July 3, 2020
Genre: Horror/Thriller/Supernatural
Language: Japanese
Country: Japan
My Rating: 3/10
Add To: Netflix
Based on actual events, this Netflix Original drama is the latest installment in the classic Japanese horror franchise Ju-on. This time, a paranormal investigator’s data reveals an eerie connection between a string of horrifying incidents that occurred between 1958 and 1997: they all stemmed from the same house. Set over the course of 40 years, the series explores the nature of these incidents, building on the established premise of the Ju-on movies and cranking up the terror to new heights. Drawing from actual recorded cases in Japan’s recent past, it offers fresh scares unlike anything J-horror fans have witnessed before. Honjo Haruka is a rookie actress. She hears the sounds of footsteps at night in her house. When she learns of psychic researcher Odajima Yasuo from a TV variety program, she seeks counseling from him about her problem.

~~ Based on Ju-On by Takashi Shimizu
Review|리뷰
★★★★★ Stars
Literally pulling this GIF out again because what the actual fuck?
What was this? No... Really.... What the FUCK was this? I tried, okay. I TRIED! But I just....
Say sike right now. SAY SIKE!! WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?! ROFL!!! Y'all this show was promised to have so many answers and be soooo "scary". I didn't jump once and I was more disgusted than anything. I swear the more JU-ON keeps going, the more it gets more fucking stupid and ridiculous. 

Lemme tell you, I rate this show ONE STAR! But for old time's sake, I gave it a 5. I think I am being to generous. I don't understand how everyone loves this show. I really feel alone with this one. Lol I get it though, everyone has their own likes and dislikes but I wish someone would make this show make sense. Nothing. And I mean NOTHING adds up. and I hate hate hate hate HAAAATE FUCKING HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE time jumping shit. With my whole chest and so much passion, I HATE THAT SHIT!! It's annoying and this made it even worse because it did this on top of no answers and gave us shitting weird things like ol blacked out girl in the previous picture. (yes, I know who it is and it still doesn't make sense.) 

This show literally took the first movie and made it shitty. Made it seem like the house was "bad" and "cursed" before they even moved in which DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!! NOTHING ABOUT THIS MADE ANY SENSE!! 

*possible spoiler warning*
I STG the part I hated the most was the rape scene. Who the fuck gets attacked and then decided to CLING to their attacker? NO FUCKING PERSON DOES THIS!! That one part made me hate this whole damn show and I only stuck around in hopes to get some answers that MAYBE there was justice, BUT THERE WASN'T!! She stuck with him THE WHOLE SHOW! It makes me want to vomit. And the little boy? "He was a gift to me from the house" Are.... are.... are you fucking insane? What are you talking about?
I feel so bad for that kid. I have no words. 

I'm getting seriously pissed all over again. I'm sorry. Moving on-- 
There were so many characters. SO MANY that... had no reason to be a part of the show? And if they were, WHAT WAS THEIR REASON?! I don't get it. I'm confused, can you tell? Also edit, I can't give it 5 stars. 3. Three is the best I can do.
Someone... make it make sense. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top