Wednesday, September 9, 2020

{Review} #살아있다 (#Alive)

Synopsis|줄거리
Original Title: 살아있다
Also Known As: #Alive
Director: Il Cho
Distributor: Lotte Entertainment
Released: December 31, 2020
Genre: Horror/Drama/Action
Language: Korean
Country: South Korea
My Rating: 9/10
Add To: Netflix
#Alive is a 2020 South Korean zombie film directed by Cho Il-hyung, starring Yoo Ah-in and Park Shin-hye. It is based on the 2019 script Alone by Matt Naylor who co-adapted his script with Cho.

원인불명 증세의 사람들의 공격에 통제 불능에 빠진 도시. 영문도 모른 채 잠에서 깬 ‘준우’(유아인)는 아무도 없는 집에 혼자 고립된 것을 알게 된다. 데이터, 와이파이, 문자, 전화 모든 것이 끊긴 채 고립된 상황. 연락이 두절된 가족에 이어 최소한의 식량마저 바닥이 나자 더 이상 버티기 힘들어진 ‘준우’. 하지만 그 순간 건너편 아파트에서 누군가 시그널을 보내온다. 또 다른 생존자 ‘유빈’(박신혜)이 아직 살아있음을 알게 된 ‘준우’는 함께 살아남기 위한 방법을 찾아 나서는데...!
꼭 살아남아야 한다
Review|리뷰
★★★★★★★★★ Stars
ZOMBIES!!! You know I'm here for it! So you know when I saw it pop up on my list, I had to watch it ASAP! From the very start I was instantly hooked. I couldn't put my finger on it - because I admit it was actually a pretty slow start, yet... not. It was different. I also couldn't shake the feeling like I had possibly seen it before? But, I pushed that feeling away and became engrossed in the movie but slowly but surely I KNEW I had seen this before... But... where... 

WebToon readers I'm here for you. You've seen this before as well. Y'all ready for this? 2015; Dead Days.
Yep, I kept telling myself "noooo surely not." but as soon as they got to the 8th floor, there was no denying it was definitely Dead Days. I tried to look up and see what came first but the only thing I could find was this is the adaptation of the english version... or the other way around? Not sure. I haven't seen the english version either. But it looked like it was going to release this year as well? Which is interesting. If they did get the idea from Dead Days, I kinda hope they give the creator credit. If it's vice versa, then I hope the same thing as well.

Now to the actual movie, I'm not even knocking it. It was kick ass and it's always amazing to see a good story come to life! The acting was on point and I couldn't help but laugh a bit through the movie. Especially with the "Last meal" ramen because of the commercial. Lol It's the end of days and they gotta throw in a ramen commercial. hahahaaaaaaa I see what you did there and it worked because even I paused to make ramen. X_X evil evil! Lol This coming from a person with a weak stomach too! LOL

All in all the movie was really good, just hope those that have that "I feel like I've seen/heard this before", you have. lol

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top