Tuesday, July 21, 2020

{Review} 기억의 밤 (Forgotten)

Synopsis|줄거리
Original Title: 기억의 밤
Also Known As: Forgotten
Director: Jang Hang-jun
Distributor: BA Entertainment 
Released: November 29, 2017
Genre: Drama/Thriller
Language: Korean
Country: South Korea
My Rating: 5/10
Add To: Netflix
When his abducted brother returns, seemingly a different man with no memory of the past 19 days, Jin-seok chases after the truth behind the mysterious kidnapping.

새 집으로 이사 온 날 밤 정체불명의 괴한들에게 납치된 형 유석. 동생 진석은 형이 납치된 후 매일 밤 환청과 환각에 시달리며 불안해한다. 납치된지 19일째 되는 날 돌아온 유석은 그동안의 모든 기억을 잃었다고 말한다. 하지만 돌아온 뒤로 어딘가 변해버린 유석을 의심하던 진석은 매일 밤 사라지는 형을 쫓던 중 충격적인 사실과 마주하게 되는데... 두 남자의 엇갈린 기억 속 감춰진 살인사건의 진실을 찾아야만 한다!
Review|리뷰
★★★★★  Stars
I heard about how amazing this movie was from a couple of people. Okay, tiktok. I heard it on tiktok. But when you see it's on numerous people's lists of "must watch" - you can't help but to think "Oh this is going to be such a amazing movie!"
You know the saying "One million people can't be wrong."? ... Well... this group of people can be. Lol Okay, no, they aren't wrong. That's just me being a dick. Lol they really aren't wrong. The movie isn't bad. It just wasn't my thing. I feel like I should have been on drugs to watch this movie. 

It's just hate being confused, y'all. With a freaking passion I hate it. This movie kept me confused up till the verrrryyyyyyyyy very very end. So I give them that, it keeps you on your toes. It's just the constant "What the hell is happening?" that I kept asking every five seconds drove me nuts. Lol I felt mind fucked. I don't like that feeling!! 

As for the acting I enjoyed all of it except the "parents", the dad just I don't know... I wasn't a fan. But the mother's acting was really good. They all were minus the dad... unless he was supposed to be that way? Huh... Who knows! I really liked the main character though. Sucks he went through all of that.
The storyline itself was a new one for me. I didn't expect that or see that coming. Not going to lie though, I expected more OOMPH from this, but it didn't really give me that. Unless it did but my brain was to clouded with "What. The. Hell. Is. Happening?" lol 

Would I recommend this? Yes. Would I say I personally liked it, no. But again that is because of how it made me feel. I'm pretty sure this would have been a easy 10 if my own head didn't get in the way. Haha

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top