Saturday, April 11, 2020

{Review} 타인은 지옥이다 (Strangers From Hell)

Synopsis
Original Title: 타인은 지옥이다
Also Known As: Hell Is Other People/Strangers From Hell
Director: Lee Chang Hee
Written By: Jung Yi Do (Screenwriter)/Kim Yong Ki (Webtoon Writer)
Network: OCN
Episodes: 10
Released: August 31, 2019
Genre: Kdrama/Mystery/Thriller/Horror
Language: Korean
Country: South Korea
My Rating: 10/10
Add To: -

Yoon Jong Woo is a young guy in his 20s, who moved from the countryside to Seoul after his college friend, Jae Ho, offered him a job. While looking for a place to live, he stumbles upon Eden Gosiwon, a cheap apartment that shares the kitchen and bathroom with other residents. He is not thrilled about the quality of the place or the other abnormal residents, such as his next-door neighbor Seo Moon Jo, a charismatic dentist. Nevertheless, Jong Woo decides to put up with it for 6 months until he saves enough money to move out. However, mysterious events start occurring in the apartment, causing Jong Woo to start fearing the apartment's residents.
Adapted from a webtoon by Kim Yong Ki. Which can be found: H͇E͇R͇E͇.


My Thoughts
★★★★★★★★★★  Stars

I'm coming out the gate here with a big 'ol: "HOLY SHIT!!!" If that offends you... I don't know what to tell you because this is a whole damn mood with this show! I wish I was kidding. Okay not really because this how was totally amazing and badass! Y'all, I have no idea how this show has been labeled as a flop! Whoever said that about this show is completely INSANE! There are only 10 episodes of this show and let me tell you, there wasn't a second of this show I was bored with. There wasn't a moment of "Oh I really need to go do this-this-or-this". Actually it was more of "If one more person interrupts me while I watch this, I might actually flip my lid." Pretty sure I looked like this by the ends of it all:
(Image from the Webtoon)
Let's hope that's not what I really looked like though.. but let's face it, it probably was, because... what is sleep? Hahah And if you know me at all, you know this is the show I have been wanting to watch for MONTHS but could never get my hands on it, but I finally did and I DEVOURED it!! (Or did it devour me? ......?) And those that know me, know I hate mysteries/thrillers... of any kind. So for me to  ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶LOVE something mystery/thriller, you know it HAS to be amazing, because I'm a purely horror kinda girl

Okay, back to the show, the acting was off the chart amazing. Y'all know me, there is always at least one person I tend to pick apart saying "Eh the acting could be better". That can't be said for this show! They ALL acted so well that I was constantly second guessing myself if I knew what the hell was going on or not. Even the most annoying character didn't get on my nerve as much as I thought he would because he was such a important character.
ougharwilughrwiuhgr UGHHH there is seriously so much I want to say but can't and that drives me nuts!!! hahah Because it was so freaking awesome!! I just want to go on and on about it. I mean EVEN THE SOUNDTRACK IS AMAZING!!! Please please if you get a chance, check out the soundtrack: H͇E͇R͇E͇. You won't regret it. The music fit the show so amazing. I admit there are a lot of movies and shows I have watched there i just roll my eyes and either say either some don't fit the show/movie, or I get mad because they add like 20 songs to the soundtrack that weren't even in the movie.
Every song here was in the show (least to my memory they were) and they all fit.
Everything about this show was such a freaking masterpiece that I'm like... WHY ISN'T THIS EVERYWHERE BY NOW?!!?! WHY IS THIS NOT TALKED ABOUT?!?!
The hype on this show is so low, it makes me want to cry.

This show is literally the KING of this genre! Fight meeeee if you think different! Lol Between the amazing actors and the setting, everything was complex and one of a kind yet... different. I'm not going to lie, shows and movies tend to have tons of "settings/loctions/backgrounds" right? Kinda just... calls for it I guess? This show didn't have many setting locations, you can count them on your hands - Which brings me to this point, whoever set this up is a king. Because to be limited with places, they still knocked it out of the park while keeping  ̶p̶e̶o̶p̶l̶e̶Me mind blown. I see these things. I can't help but notice and roll my eyes if someone constantly reuses a same setting through 60% of a show. Everything that usually makes me roll my eyes or kinda annoys me, didn't when it came to this show. Which is crazy to me. Sorry, I just can't hype this enough.

DUDE!!! The ending. Oh my gah the ending had me totally mind-fucked. Because I knew without a doubt that I knew how it would end. Lets face it, whether it's a book or show, when you read or what enough, you tend to just know how it will end by the middle. rhgilrghirugie That ending left me questioning my sanity because I was like "Oh! It's going to end hella different" then I was like "wait... maybe not" then back and forth.... I got tired trying to guess. hahaha That ending left me so mind-blown that I just looked at the screen like O______O 15 minutes after it was over. It's been longer now and my brain is still like: ekfjbgveirybvieuabvileuarbveiuvbfduivhbfdubvfdhyvbeiulvuqeibv
and me even writing this, I'm having to just pick words out of all this scramble and HOPE it all makes sense. If you EVER have the chance to watch this, I am actually BEGGING you to watch this. You might think I'm kidding but I'm not. This show has currently taken over my life to the point I want to keep it on repeat for the next few weeks to months. Lol Don't judge me. I can't help that I love it this much.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top