Wednesday, February 26, 2020

{Review: Re-Read} To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han

Synopsis
Title: To All the Boys I've Loved Before
Series: To All the Boys I've Loved Before #1
Author: Jenny Han
Genre: Young Adult/Romance/Contemporary
My Rating: 3/5
Add To: Goodreads

What if all the crushes you ever had found out how you felt about them… all at once?
Sixteen-year-old Lara Jean Song keeps her love letters in a hatbox her mother gave her. They aren’t love letters that anyone else wrote for her; these are ones she’s written. One for every boy she’s ever loved—five in all. When she writes, she pours out her heart and soul and says all the things she would never say in real life, because her letters are for her eyes only. Until the day her secret letters are mailed, and suddenly, Lara Jean’s love life goes from imaginary to out of control.


My Thoughts
★★★ Stars
This is a re-read. The original review can be found: HERE.
(I recommend reading the original because there are some things I refer to about it and it's in more detail.)

Starting off with: I still stand by my old review yet not really. Lol My thoughts have changed a lot especially my feelings to a lot of characters.... Except Margot. To this day. I honestly hate Lara Jean's older sister. I feel like she is a very vindictive person who always plays the victim. Which is why I'm keeping this book 3 stars. Which is still weird to me because I loved this book and hated it with a passion at the same time. And the hate is to Margot aloooooone!

Now about the actual book, I still feel like the story starts off pretty slow. Which it's at this time you find yourself putting the book down often and coming back to it later. But... here is the kicker. Once stuff finally does start happening, you end up losing sleep. You don't want to sleep, you want to know what is going to happen next. It never fails how much you may hate someone in this book, you still. keep. reading. What the hell kinda spell book is this? I don't know but it works! Hahah

Another thing I actually realized is a lot of things that annoyed me the first time I read it, no longer annoy me now... and I'm going to blame that on ignorance. I was ignorant the first time I read this, I didn't know much about Korean culture... and. it. showed. But now that I know a bit, a lot of things they did make sense to me. Not sure if that's the same with anyone else but I'm just saying it's me. Lol

There is so much more I really want to touch on but you know I'm not one to give out spoilers... Which drives me nuts because I'm itching to talk about some stuff. Haha. On the up side, I'm starting book 2 so maybe when I write the review for book two, I will touch down on the subjects? Maybe. Who knows!

I know this review didn't offer much and was a little scattered, I'm sorry. Lol

Also, I very much want to add, I still stand by this in my old review:
"I couldn't stand Margot. It was literally "MARCIA MARCIA MARCIA!!" but... Margot! Margot! Margot!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top