Friday, January 24, 2020

{Review} Countdown

Synopsis
Title: Countdown
Director: Justin Dec
Released: October 25, 2019
Genre: Horror
Language: English
My Rating: 10/10

When a nurse downloads an app that claims to predict exactly when a person is going to die, it tells her she only has three days to live. With time ticking away and a figure haunting her, she must find a way to save her life before time runs out.



My Thoughts
★★★★★★★★★★  Stars

I actually haven't been watching many horror movies lately. This is only the second horror movie I have seen in over a year. (First movie was the newest Annabelle movie, I should review it. It scared the nuts out of me) anyway, I had been wanting to watch this for the LONGEST time, so when I had the chance, y'all know I had to jump on it. Given, it was pretty obvious how everything would turn out, I was still shocked and surprised at HOW it all happened. So even though the outcome was known, I still couldn't stop watching and it didn't stop me from jumping, hiding behind my hands.... and I may or may not have screamed at one point. I can feel your judgement... please stop. >_< Lol

I was talking to a family member about this and they pointed out how closely it was to the Finally Destination movies. While it's not the same, it IS very similar in the same concept, you can't escape death. But this.... Shiiiiiiit.... just death would be fine with me. This thing literally torments you until death. Not sure if anyone else sees it the same but the first time I saw the demon I instantly thought "Cthulhu". I want to say that ruined the mood for me, but nope. Still scary as FUCK!

All the acting was on point. Usually in movies there is always at least one character that could have "delivered better" but I can honestly say I don't think this is the case here. But can we talk about Peter Facinelli for a second? He played that part a little WAY TO WELL! I honestly don't think I will ever look at Carlisle Cullen the same every again. *Insert gross sobbing* I can't help but to think he played this part because he is maybe sick of being only known for Cullen? Lol I don't know.
I'll say this though, I think my favorite character was Jordan Calloway. I mean from the first "What app was she talking about?!" this man had my full attention. Lol
There isn't much else I can say about this movie without giving EVERYTHING away. Which I'm not trying to do. Lol But I will say this is a movie I think I will always recommend. Lol Did it make me curious about the app? Yes. Did I look it up? Yes.
Did I download it? Are. You. Insane?! Hell naw I didn't. Haha I'm not about to tempt my fate. But it does make me wonder.... Who comes UP with this stuff, man?! It's bonkers! I love it. Lol

So, have you seen this movie? Plan to? Don't plan to? Why or why not? ^_^

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top