Monday, December 31, 2018

{Wrap Up} Deranged December

Hello my Zombabes, freaks, geeks, ghouls, and gals.
I'll be the first to say, this year, especially December has had it's up's and downs. Sadly, my December is landing on a down, so it's not looking like 2019 is going to be kind to me. But I can always hope right?

I got a lot of reading done this month, which I really didn't expect. But I'm happy with the amount. Really hope I can keep this up. So lets rewind time to the beginning of December and speed through and see what I have read, shall we?






Oddly enough, my first review wasn't even for a book. Lol It was a movie review for Mother Krampus. It was such a let down. Mainly because I wanted it to really be about Krampus. But the acting was... bad. Lol I guess you can't really expect much from a B movie. Though the story line was pretty interesting. Had they named it something else and got better actors, I could see that becoming a popular movie.











After this movie, I dug in to reading pretty much non stop. Which is a good thing. Lol The first book I read for December was such a amazing book. The Orphan Code left me mind blown!  It was the first I've ever read of this kind and it definitely making my "favorite 2018 reads". I'm honored to have been given a chance to read it. Now if I can just get my hands on book two!! Lol I'm going to go insane waiting.  











Belly Up was a fun read. If you could get by all the sexual political stuff and the never ending talk of race, it really was a good book. Just all that talk kinda put a damper on the story. It's like smothering your own fire with a wet rag. But eh. To each their own. Some parts were pretty forced but other times, I remember laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes.












Next up, we have Dream Keeper. OMG!!! This book was so freaking amazing! It reminded me of Pitch and Sandman from Rise of the Guardians. Lol But BETTER! Oh my gosh! I still fangirl so hard over this book! I'm so so so so so so glad I was able to read this. But I'm so mad we have to wait forever for book two! Okay.. Maybe not mad. But... Still... I need itttttttt. If you get a chance to read this book, do ittttttt! 








We all knew this next book was coming. Why? Because I'm Olivia Wildenstein trash. I read pretty much anything and everything she writes. I can't help it! Her books are so freaking amazing! I'm ready for her books to become movies. Lol A Pack Of Blood and Lies is different from what I'm use to her writing and to be completely honest, I'm not big on wolf books... or movies for that matter. It's rare that I like anything like werewolf because lets face it... The man in dog suits are just.... no. just no. ANYWAY... That's why I was hesitant to read this book. I was scared. But, I mean come on. It's Olivia. I don't think she could ever write anything bad! So far, I'm right. She hasn't. Lol All of her work are simply MUST READS!!!










If you ever want a book that will stick to you for the rest of your life, that would be Roam

i was actually overwhelmed by a lot of feelings from this book. I mean from angry to annoyed to weeping of happiness to scared out of my mind for them. It was really a Hallmark movie in book form. 












Can I just leave The Siren and the Specter as gross? I want to say some of the story line was pretty good but most of it just turned your stomach. I don't know. This is one book I don't really want to focus on again, I gave it 2 stars.













Last but not least, I got to finish this year and month off with a book I had been waiting FOREVER to read!! I loved it but oh my gosh it left me with so many questions! And it left me as a Cat Winters fanatic. Odd & True reminded me of Penny Dreadful so much. I wonder if others feel the same way. :/ yet for some reason, it reminded me of Lizzie Bordon as well. Weird, I know but eh maybe it's the cover. Lol I'm not sure. I wish there was a book 2 to this so I could get some more answers.




That's it. That's all she wrote. That is all I read this month. I know I should have read more but it's better than nothing right! If there are any reviews you want to check out that go in to more details about these book, click the links and it'll take ya there. :)  If you have read any of these books let me know what you thought of them! And if you did a December wrap up, drop your link so I can check it out. ^_^

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top