Wednesday, December 19, 2018

{Review} A Pack of Blood and Lies by Olivia Wildenstein

Synopsis

Title: A Pack of Blood and Lies
Series: The Boulder Wolves #1
Author: Olivia Wildenstein
Pages: 362
Published: April 18th 2019
Publisher: Twig Publishing
Genre: YA/Fantasy/Paranormal/Werewolves
My Rating: 5/5
Add To: Goodreads

The primal rule of winning: don’t fall in love with the contender.
Three months shy of her eighteenth birthday, Ness is forced to return to Colorado. Even though it’s been six years, and the wolves of her all-male pack don’t recognize her, she recognizes them. People who shun others because of their gender are hard to forget.
Especially Liam Kolane—son of Heath, the crudest and cruelest Alpha to have ruled the Boulder Pack. Liam is as handsome as he is infuriating, as kind as he is punishing, and he makes Ness’s traitorous heart race, which isn’t good. After all, he’s a Kolane. Like father like son, right?
When Heath dies, Liam vies to become the new Alpha and no one dares challenge him.
Except Ness.
Thus begins a treacherous game.
The rules: winner takes all…including loser’s life.
Fans of Kresley Cole and Cassandra Clare will devour A PACK OF BLOOD AND LIES.
* Contains Alpha males.
* Not suitable for children under 14.


My Thoughts:
★★★★★++ Stars
I received this book in return for an honest review. 

I want to rate this more than 5 stars.

I can't freaking breathe! Oh my gah!!! This book was so good! Usually, I'm not a fan of wolf/werewolf books (other than Quinn Loftis books) but I shouldn't be shocked that I loved this book just as much!

Olivia never fails to capture a readers attention! Of all the books of hers I have read, none have ever let me down! My only regret was that I waited so long to read this book!! I'm ashamed of myself for that. Lol 

Oh man this book was so full of tension! Through it, I couldn't help thinking it was like a rubber band being pulled as taunt as possible but closer to the end of the book, I was sure a rubber band would have done broke. This was passed rubber band stage. This was full on exploding cork tension! Lol My nerves are still fried. In a good way though. Lol

I freaking SWEAR I thought I had this book figured out. I thought as soon as something happened, I knew the outcome. I. Was. WROOOONG!!! Omg!!! All the characters. This was the first time I have read a book that had a ton of characters (important ones at that) and I was able to keep up with everyone from the get-go. Usually overload of characters turn me away from the book, but Olivia managed to keep my attention and made me wanting more.... She didn't disappoint! Even through half way, more characters were still coming in and it was no problem at all! I even managed to remember everyone's name! Lol Which... Honestly, I never can do with books with a lot of characters. So this is a first with me. 

Not to mention, all the characters were so strong! Usually you have your solid characters and you have your "eh" characters. Noooope! Not here. They are all freaking solid and it kept me asking how in the hell was Ness ever going to deal with all of them, she didn't disappoint but I was happy that even though she was a very strong character, she wasn't over-done. She wasn't one of those nails-on-a-chalkboard types. She was strong but also sensitive. Like the PERFECT main character for me. So so so well written. It was like she was standing right in front of you, that well written.  

I admit, from the start, I had people shipped. I had people I hated. I had people I loved. Can I just say all that has changed? I'm sitting here FREAKING OUT because I don't know anymore! It's freaking mind blowing! I can't say more than that for fear of giving to much of this book away and I don't want to do that. I want everyone to read it and be as mind blown as the rest of us.

Olivia pulled out all the stops with this one. I'm scared for book two. I know it'll be just as good. I worry for my nerves! Hahaha I can't wait for it!!! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top