Sunday, December 16, 2018

{Review} Dream Keeper by Amber R. Duell

Synopsis

Title: Dream Keeper
Series: The Dark Dreamer Trilogy #1
Author: Amber R. Duell
Pages: 288
Published: January 29th 2019
Publisher: The Parliament House
Genre: YA/Fantasy
My Rating: 5/5
Add To: Goodreads

The Sandman is seventeen-year-old Nora’s closest friend and best-kept secret. He has to be, if she doesn’t want a one-way ticket back to the psychiatrist. It took her too long to learn not to mention the hooded figure in her dreams to her mother, who still watches Nora as if she’ll crack. So when Nora’s friends start mysteriously dying gruesome deaths in their sleep, she isn’t altogether surprised when the police direct their suspicion at her. The Sandman is the only one she can turn to for answers. But the truth might be more than she bargained for…
For the last five years, the Sandman has spent every night protecting Nora. When he hid the secret to the Nightmare Lord’s escape inside her dreams, he never expected to fall in love with her. Neither did he think his nemesis would find her so quickly, but there’s no mistaking his cruel handiwork. The Nightmare Lord is tired of playing by the rules and will do anything to release his deadly nightmares into the world, even if that means tormenting Nora until she breaks.
When the Nightmare Lord kidnaps Nora’s sister, Nora must enter enemy territory to save her. The Sandman is determined to help, but if Nora isn’t careful, she could lose even more than her family to the darkness.
(Please note: This story contains vivid death scenes.)

My Thoughts:
★★★★★++ Stars
I received this book in return for an honest review. 

Okay so I had this really long review written and sadly, it didn't save. So I'm going to try this again and hope it saves. A person can only have so many emotions! ... And lemme tell ya... This book has a lot of emotions to sort through. Lol

I freaking LOVED this book. It was Rise of the Guardians meets Nightmare On Elm Street. Two of my favorite things! From the very first sentence of this book, I was instantly hooked. I never wanted to put this book down.... and I didn't unless I had to sleep. Lol Which let me just say, the things in the nightmare side of this book... Will give you nightmares. Least it did for me. Not surprised though. It was written so well, it felt like you were right there in the story. It was so amazing. 

I have always had a bit of obsession with the Sandman, I guess since I was little and first heard the song "Mr. Sandman" then I grew up and saw Rise of the Guardians and that was the last nail in the coffin, I've had a solid obsession ever since. So when I saw this book on NG, I knew I HAD to read it. I couldn't pass it up. I was more surprised when I was accepted but started the book right away and I am so glad I did. 

Every character was so strong! And I do mean EVERY character! Even the small characters who you hardly saw, everything fit so perfectly. And if you know readers, they HATE when characters come in mid story and you're suppose to instantly know them like they are just as important as the main characters. Oddly enough, even though characters came in late, there was no annoyance there! It was like "Oh, hello. Welcome. Welcome. Have no idea who you are but welcome, anyway!" ... and you knew them. Like, yeah they literally just came in but they are written so well, you feel like you have been reading about them through the whole book. It's new! Lol Amber Duell has talent there, that's for sure! Lol 

I have never read a book by this author before but I am so thankful Dream Keeper was the first. It makes me want to devour everything else she has ever written. If all her other books are written like this, I know I will love them just as much. Hahah

I honestly can't wait for book two! I don't want to wait forever, but it already feels like it's been forever! X_X 

That ending! OMG THE ENDING!!!! It was like a cliffhanger but not!! It left you trying to flip pages that weren't there in hopes that more pages would magically appear so you could finish the story. 
Also, I saw that ending coming from a mile away but I was still wasn't expecting. I know that sounds crazy but it's true! Ughhh It's driving me crazy. I want to know what happens next! I NEED TO KNOW!!!

If you get the chance to read this book, READ IT!!!!!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top