Monday, June 12, 2017

Counting Wolves by Michael F. Stewart

Synopsis

Title: Counting Wolves
Author: Michael F. Stewart
Genre: Young Adult/Mental Illness
My Rating: 5/5
Add To: Goodreads

The Breakfast Club meets Grimm's Fairy Tales in the lair of an adolescent psych ward.
Milly’s evil stepmother commits her to a pediatric psych ward. That’s just what the wolf wants. With bunk mates like Red, who’s spiraling out of control; Pig, a fire-bug who claims Milly as her own—but just wants extra dessert—Vanet, a manic teen masquerading as a fairy godmother with wish-granting powers as likely to kill as to help; and the mysterious Wolfgang, rumored to roam for blood at night; it doesn’t take long for Milly to realize that only her dead mother’s book of tales can save her.
But Milly’s spells of protection weaken as her wolf stalks the hospital corridors. The ward’s a Dark Wood, and she’s not alone. As her power crumbles, she must let go of her magic and discover new weapons if she is to transform from hunted to hunter.


My Thoughts
★★★★★ Star

This book was NOTHING like I expected and it will stay with me for as long as I live. 

Ugh there is so much I want to say about this book but I don't want to give anything away! I don't want to take the magic away from any reader who will pick this book up. Because that is was this book was to me. Magic. 

I can promise you that when you read the blurb, you will think it is about one thing and when you read the book, your socks will be blown off. You will not expect how this book goes. 

It is a short read but SO POWERFUL! I loved every single one of the characters. Which I can confess is very very very rare. There is always a character or two or more that I hate, but not in this book. 

The writing was so amazing and so smooth it was like silk. It just flowed with no bump at all and it keeps you so enthralled. You will NOT want to put this book down because from page one, you will want to know how this ends. 

I am so in love with this book and so so so happy I was able to read it. Counting Wolves is a book I would HIGHLY recommend. 

**In addition, I have read a LOT of books involving all kinds of mental illnesses... and this one is the best one I have every read, hands down. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top