Saturday, February 25, 2017

Rose Petal Graves by Olivia Wildenstein

Synopsis

Title: Rose Petal Graves
Series: The Lost Clan
Author: Olivia Wildenstein
Genre: Young Adut/Fantasy
My Rating: 5/5



ANCIENT SECRETS CANNOT REMAIN BURIED FOREVER.
Founded two centuries ago by a powerful tribe of Gottwa Indians, Rowan was a quiet town, so quiet that I fled after graduation. Staying away was the plan, but Mom died suddenly.
Dad said she suffered a stroke after she dug up one of the ancient graves in our backyard, which happens to be the town cemetery. Creepy, I know. Creepier still, there was no corpse inside the old coffin, only fresh rose petals.
As we made preparations for Mom’s burial, new people began arriving in Rowan, unnervingly handsome and odd people. I begged them to leave, but they stayed, because their enemies—my ancestors—were beginning to awaken.





My Thoughts
★★★★★ Stars
I received this book via NG in return for an honest review. 

I am addicted to this book. From the second I saw this book, I loved it. Once I started reading it I didn't want to put it down. It was such a riveting read and such a roller coaster. 

I thought the characters were really strong and the story line was original. I have never read anything like this before in my life. 
I thought Cat was ..wow... I mean really. She blew me away. I have never been a bigger fan of a main character. She has been through so much hell and still stood so strong. 

The only parts I didn't like were there was a overload of characters.. I mean, I get why but it was still confusing when I was reading and had to spend a while trying to remember who some were, sometimes, I couldn't remember but still carried on. Also.... The insa-love was a bit to much. I have nothing against insta-love buuuuut this one really left me saying "are you freaking serious? Where the hell did this come from?" So that was a put off but it didn't stop me from loving the heck out of this book.

Rose Petal Graves kept me in tears. I really think Olivia Wildenstein was taking pointers from John Green. If you love tear jerking books, this one would be right up your lane. I highly recommend this book. The ending of the book had me borderline insane! How dare it end like that! I mean.. it was a great beautiful ending but it was still technically a cliffhanger. I gotta know what happens next! I need to know! 

Thoughts about the characters
Catori (Cat): Possibly my most favorite main character EVER. And I can't even pinpoint what it is about her that I love so much. I wish I could be like her honestly. She is so strong and literally nothing can keep her down. All through this book I expected her to break into a million pieces but she would pick herself up and fight back with everything she had. She was amazing. 

Ace: The ultaminte douche. there really nothing to say about him other than that. Is it bad that he actually kinda reminds me of Christian Grey? I do like that he is very protective of his sister though.

Bee: Bless this woman's heart. She isn't a main character so we don't see her much except when tragedy struck but when you do see her, you can't help but to love her.


Blake: What can I say here? Oh look... I am crying my eyes out already. (seriously) but anywho... Blake was such a brave character who had his heart ripped out left and right. I couldn't help but to love him because no matter what, he always came to the rescue. He deserved so much better.


Cruz: Oh look! It's insta-love boy! I hate Cruz. With a passion. He is there! He is gone! There! Gone! Just ugh. Not to mention he is engaged ... to Lilly none the less. And flirts heavily with Cat right in front of Lilly. He pisses me off. I liked him at one point then next page instantly regretted it.

Derek: Cat's dad. He needs a dad award because he is just that awesome. I really can't say much about him without giving much away. but I really hope we see him in book two.

Faith: I would have let her choke. She seriously needs to be punched in the throat a couple hundred times. How someone can be THAT bitter, I have no idea but she needs to go the hell on. 

Gwenelda: I hate her as much as I hate Faith. Throughout this book we wonder if she should be trusted or not. If we should forgive her or not. Frankly, I don't trust her nor forgive her. I really hope she gets what she is coming to her.

Kajika: He came in later in the book and how he came in, I wouldn't blame you if you hated his guts as much as i did... but he grew on me and I may or may not have a crush on him. Lol

Lilly: The had no lines but was a wonderful character. I really do like her and she deserves so much better than Cruz. She seems like a really sweet girl and I have a feeling that if she could talk she would sound musical but who knows lol.

Tony: yeah not a main character so he really shouldn't be here but I am putting him anyway because I HATE HIM SO FREAKING MUCH!!! I mean could you be anymore of a deadbeat? He is pathetic! Ugh. -_-

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top