Thursday, December 15, 2016

Shadows of the Forest by Emma Michaels

Synopsis

Everyone is dying to live in the Shadows of the Forest.
They gave me three rules to follow in exchange for my brother’s life:
1. Do not enter the West Wing;
2. Do not go outside after darkness falls; and
3. There is only one exit; The Gates.
This is what happened when I broke them…




My Thoughts
★★ Jumbled Stars
I received this book in return for an honest review.

The cover is so freaking amazing and the blurb drew me in and that is where the awesome stops.
I feel the book is very full of potential but going no where fast. 
This book was extremely cluttered and when a character was talking, I had no idea who was talking half the time. I felt zero connection to any of these characters, it offered little to no actually information. 
It was so hard to get into and dang near drove me crazy. One second she is here then the next line, she is somewhere else. I know the fox is brought up a lot but there is no information on him, the book goes straight into talking about him as if the reader is suppose to know already, come to think of it, it talks about all characters as if you are already suppose to know them and what has all happened to them. 
If gives you juuuuust enough information to know their names and know they had a crappy childhood, but that is it. Even though they talk about the mother a lot, you still wonder more about her. 
I guess you can say it offers way to much information about pointless things and hardly mentions anything you NEED to know and it really puts you off.
I feel it has a lot of potential, it just needs to be sorted out better.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top