Tuesday, June 7, 2016

The Boy with Words by C.E. Wilson

Synopsis

White Frost has only ever known the darkness. Everything outside of her closed society is The Unknown – a strange and dangerous place accessible to only a chosen few. White’s only glimpse of the world beyond comes from her beloved cousin in the form of mysterious collections of words that hint at astonishing wonders. When an accident upends her simple existence, she’s given an unlikely chance to see the truth for herself. What she finds is greater and more terrible than she could have imagined, and before long she is forced to make the most important choice of her life: does she accept her safe, limited world that she’s known or take a desperate gamble in a world not meant for her with the Boy with Words?


My Thoughts
★★★★ Stars
I received this book in return for an honest review.

This book.
THIS BOOK.
THIS BOOK!!!!

I loved this book. :)

This was my first time every reading a book like this, so of course I can clearly state from my point of view.....WOW!...That was different and new. 

I really enjoyed this story, even though it took so long to read it. I just wanted to keep it going for as long as I possibly could, then of course, the inevitable....It got so freaking awesome I just couldn't put it down.
It's amazing you can love these characters then get so ticked off at them that you'd love to punch them in the face a couple of times.

I sad one had to die though. Who? I'm not telling but it was my favorite character.

But that tends to happen a lot.
I couldn't help having a love/hate feeling for White though. I know she wanted to be strong and stand on her two feet, but sheesh. At most points I just want to scream at her to shut the crap up and listen before she gets killed or heart broken. 
I really did like this book though and I would recommend it for those who are looking for something different.

The only thing I wish we could know more of though is.....What became of Salt and Pepper?
And the ending just left me kinda feeling weird.... and heart broken. I mean, it's a happy thing that happened but I couldn't help thinking "wait, that's it? That's not fair! I want more!" because honestly, I was hoping one or the other found a way to either "Get bigger" or the other smaller. I know that's crazy but you have to admit the ending raises questions of how they can have a normal relationship.
Ah the story feels complete yet not complete. I have never feel like this while reading a book! So I don't know how to handle this!  Lol

All I know is this book is awesome..... and I mean to the fact that I broke my own book code. I normally have two copies of books, one is autographed and the other is plain and free to write/highlight in...... this one was my only copy and it was autographed.... aaaaaaand I ended up highlighting in it. Because the quote was just to much to pass up! 

I really do recommend this book. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top