Thursday, November 19, 2015

Disturbing Behavior by John Whitman

Synopsis

Seventeen-year-old Steve Clark and his family have just moved to Cradle Bay Island and are settling into their new life.
At first everything seems fine in the small, quaint island community.  But then Steve meets the Blue Ribbon kids, the most popular group at Cradle Bay High.  The Blue Ribbons get the best grades, have plenty of school spirit, and do everything their parents ask them to.  Their idea of a wild time is hanging out at the Yogurt Shoppe on Main Street.  Adults think the Blue Ribbons are a great bunch, but Steve learns that if you disagree with the Blue Ribbons, you'd better watch out.  They have a strict code of conduct, and if they see you out of line, those peaceful, happy Blue Ribbons explode into deadly rage.
Steve and his new friends Gavin and Rachel uncover the sinister plot behind the Blue Ribbons' disturbing behavior and plan to bring the group down--before the Blue Ribbons get to them first.
Includes eight pages of color photos.



My Thoughts
★★★★★ Stars
I've been obsessed with this movie since I was a kid, I only recently found out it even had a book (shocking I know) so of course, I HAD to buy it!
The book and the movie matched almost perfectly, which is awesome, but the book provided just a bit more information about somethings that made you curious watching the movie. Kinda like deleted scenes, if you will. Only thing was was totally different was the end.
Still epic though. Loved everything about this book. From the writing to the settings, plot, you name it. This is a book I don't think I would ever get bored reading. Lol I plan on reading it over and over again. Definitely one of my favs!

Quotes:
•Gavin leaned over the table. "Welcome to Cradle Bay High, Stevie boy. Welcome to my nightmare."

•Steve remembered Gavin's claim that kids were being hypnotized l. "So something is changing them."
Newberry shook his head. "Something is killing them. They just don't know they're dead."

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top