Saturday, November 14, 2015

A Living Nightmare by Darren Shan

Synopsis
In the tradition of Stephen King's 'Salem's Lot, Cirque Du Freak is the frightening saga of a young boy whose visit to a mysterious freak show leads him on a journey into a dark world of vampires. Filled with grotesque creatures, murderous vampires, and a petrifying ending, Cirque Du Freak will chill, thrill, and leave readers begging for more.


My Thoughts
★★★ Stars
Well, this book SEEMED interesting enough, and it was. It really was. But, as the more I read the more it just seemed to go on and on and I just started to loose interest in the story. While it started off grabbing my attention, near the end of the book (where the vampire comes in for good) started to get dull. You'd think Crepsley would have been more interesting, but he alone seemed to drag the whole book down and made it fall flat and monotone, so it made getting through the rest of the book kinda annoying. Though I liked the story line and the idea of it, it just seemed to be lacking in some places and I expected more of Crepsley. I'm hoping book two will be better and have more 'bang' to it.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top