Saturday, October 10, 2015

The Chronicle of the Three: Bloodline by Tabitha Caplinger

Synopsis

Zoe thought the loss of her parents would be the most difficult thing she’d ever have to endure. When she began seeing things she couldn’t explain in her new home of Torchcreek, Virginia, she was sure the grief was driving her mad. Instead Zoe discovers she is part of an ancient bloodline, one destined to defeat the powers of darkness from condemning the world. But Zoe, the daughter of the three, isn’t just another descendant–she’s the key to humanity’s salvation.
In this first installment of the Christian fantasy trilogy The Chronicle of the Three, Zoe Andrews learns that not all shadows are harmless interceptions of light. Some are a more sinister darkness that wants to torment the soul. 


My Thoughts
★★★ Stars
I received this book in return for an honest review.
Oh how I wish I could give this book five stars. I liked this book, I really did. But the main thing about this book that made me extremely uncomfortable was the relationship between Michael and Claire. I know this is just a book, but Michael is an angel... angels are .. no.. they... there is no "relationship" with them and this book to me seemed like Michael and Claire REALLY wanted to be together and they were battling the feeling through the whole book. Which, I'm sorry, was to much for me to where I couldn't enjoy it to the max I wanted to because I just kept thinking "this is so wrong. This is not right."
Now as for the rest of the book, I did like it. I just feel like it was written mid book or mid series. I wish it had taken more time to explain why all this was happening and where it was coming from. And to me personally I feel like things "just happened" ... I'm not really sure how to explain that other than it was like they got lucky. And I say that because normally before a battle, ya need to be prayed up, but they just charged in and after the battle there wasn't even a "thank you Jesus".
Also at the end
****POSSIBLE SPOILER****
When she is hanging on to him and her light passes to him and it's kinda like a battle there for a bit and he passes out... maybe I missed something, maybe I didn't... But normally when stuff like that happens, it means the person has given their life over to God. did he? I mean there just wasn't enough details there.
****END SPOILER****
I loved loved loved the IDEA of this story.. but there was just to much that seemed off about it to me.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top