Thursday, August 27, 2015

The Casquette Girls (The Casquette Girls #1) by Alys Arden

Synopsis

After the Storm of the Century rips apart New Orleans, Adele Le Moyne and her father are among the first to return to the city following the mandatory evacuation. Adele wants nothing more than for life to return to normal, but with the silent city resembling a mold-infested war zone, a parish-wide curfew, and mysterious new faces lurking in the abandoned French Quarter, normal will have to be redefined.
Events too unnatural – even for New Orleans – lead Adele to an attic that has been sealed for three hundred years, and the chaos she unleashes threatens not only her life but everyone she knows. Mother Nature couldn’t drain the joie de vivre from the Big Easy, but someone or something is draining life from its residents.
Caught suddenly in a hurricane of eighteenth-century myths and monsters, Adele must quickly untangle a web of magic that links the climbing murder rate back to her own ancestors. But who can you trust in a city where everyone has a secret, and where keeping them can be a matter of life and death – unless, that is, you’re immortal.


My Thoughts
★★★★★++++  Casquette Stars
I'm soooo in love with this book!I know it took me FOREVER to read this book, which is shocking, I know. But I did NOT want this book to end! I want to cry because I finished it. Then I also want to cry because this book was just so amazing. I have to admit, walking into Boutique du Vampyre in New Orleans I didn't expect I was going to really walk out with anything, but of course, I found the shelves of books and was instantly drawn to this one not only because it reminded me of the Originals but because the color/font/cover... just everything about this book was perfect and eye drawing. If just looking at this book doesn't draw you in, something is wrong. Lol. Anywho, I actually walked away twice before I gave in and ran back to it and bought it. I'm so so so glad I did! My whole reaction reading this book was just "whoa". It was written magnificently! The characters were original and the story line was mind blowing. And of course because this book was set here in Louisiana, if gives me a sort of "HECK YES!" moment because ... well it's Louisiana! Come on! Who doesn't love New Orleans!? Lol. Alys Arden has excellent talent and I can NOT wait for book two! I want it nowwww!
If I could rate this book a trillion stars, I really would.
***Also received a copy from NG for an honest review***

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top