Sunday, December 14, 2014

The After House by Michael Phillip Cash

Synopsis

Remy Galway and her daughter Olivia are rebuilding their life after a failed marriage in a 300 year old cottage in historic Cold Spring Harbor, Long Island. Little do they know, another occupant is lurking in the haven of their own home. Will the After House be their shelter or their tomb?


My Thoughts
★★ cringing stars.
I received this book VIA NG in return for an honest review.

Lovely ending. But, I am sad to say, that is all I liked about it. Don't get me wrong, the story itself was beautiful. But the way it was written.. seemed to make the story suffer. I know the saying "I have a feeling it suffered in the translation" that's what I think of when I think of this book and it's story. The story bounced around so much I wasn't sure who was telling that point of view or who it had to do with till about half way through each swap. And honestly, I while reading, I didn't remember the characters to well. There was no bond there and I found that really sad. I think a reader should know the characters and feel like they are just drawn into the story... but I felt nothing on this.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top