Sunday, December 21, 2014

Escape from Witchwood Hollow by Jordan Elizabeth

Synopsis

Everyone in Arnn - a small farming town with more legends than residents - knows the story of Witchwood Hollow: if you venture into the whispering forest, the witch will trap your soul among the shadowed trees.
After losing her parents in a horrific terrorist attack on the Twin Towers, fifteen-year-old Honoria and her older brother escape New York City to Arnn. In the lure of that perpetual darkness, Honoria finds hope, when she should be afraid.
Perhaps the witch can reunite her with her lost parents. Awakening the witch, however, brings more than salvation from mourning, for Honoria discovers a past of missing children and broken promises.
To save the citizens of Arnn from becoming the witch’s next victims, she must find the truth behind the woman’s madness.
How deep into Witchwood Hollow does Honoria dare venture?


My Thoughts
★★★★ Stars.
I received this book via NG in return for an honest review.
I would love to give this book 5 stars, but there are just a few things that kinda bugged me about the book. All the time jumping and the overload on characters. 
There were parts where I would be reading and it would jump so fast, I would have to flip back to make sure I didn't miss a page or something. Also, There were all these new characters coming in and even those with name changes were really confusing.
Other than that, the story was really good. It was one of those that I didn't want to put down because it had me so curious. The ending! The ending is so different from other books I've read. I admit, I cried... and my jaw dropped because it was just "BAM!" like getting side swiped, you don't see it coming. 
I would recommend this book.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top