Friday, June 11, 2021

{Review} 대박부동산 (Sell Your Haunted House)

Synopsis|줄거리
Original Title: 대박부동산
Also Known As: Sell Your Haunted House / Daebak Real Estate
Director Park Jin-Suk
Distributor: KBS2
Released: April 14, 2021
Genre: Mystery/Paranormal/Thriller
Language: Korean
Country: South Korea
My Rating: 5/10
Add To: VIKI
Hong Ji-A (Jang Na-Ra) is an exorcist, who runs Daebak Real Estate. She gets rid of evil spirits from real estate properties and then sells them. Oh In-Bum (Jung Yong-Hwa) is a swindler. He often uses ghosts in his schemes to make money. Hong Ji-A and Oh In-Bum work together to disclose a secret about the death of Hong Ji-A’s mother, who died 20 years ago.
부동산 중개업자인 퇴마사가 퇴마 전문 사기꾼과 한 팀이 되어 흉가가 된 부동산에서 원귀나 지박령을 퇴치하고 기구한 사연들을 풀어주는 생활밀착형 퇴마 드라마
Review|리뷰
★★★★★ Stars
I feel extremely underwhelmed with this show. The storyline itself was really promising and could have anyone hooked from the start, imo. But a few episodes in, it kinda lost it's "oomph!" it started to drag and I kept watching in hopes that it would pick back up and be this amazing show.

Even at 2x speed through over 80% of the show, it still felt like it just dragged by. I felt zero connection to any of the characters. It's such a weird feeling. I wanted to drop it so many times but kept telling myself "no, it'll probably get better soon!" Up till the last episode, only for me to stare at the screen wishing I had never started this show. Lol

Like I said though, it's weird. Because the storyline itself was really good and I don't hate the cast, but I feel like maybe the pace itself is what completely ruined this show for me. I'm sure they meant to build the suspense but... that was a terrible fail. It just made me more annoyed than anything else. The point of suspense is to blow your mind in the end... kinda hard to blow someone's mind when they see what's coming 3 episodes before the characters do. There was zero mystery to this show and was pretty easy to figure out which was a huge disappointment.

I *did* like the ending though, I thought it was cute and sweet but lacked what it really could have been because to me, the characters still feel like strangers with each other. There was no character building, there was no relationship building.
Well no, I take that back.... The thug and the restaurant owner; I saw them getting closer and thought it was cute but I'm still lost as to why focus more on side character building rather than main character building. Not saying they should be all lovey-dovey, it was fresh to see a non-romantic outcome for once, but ---- they were just so cringy and awkward around each other. Not to mention the pushing and pulling away, she needed to pick one, it got old fast. It was like watching preteens trying to figure out life. Lol
I just feel like this show could have been a lot more than what it was. If there is a season 2 like they seem to kinda hint at, I hope it's better than this one.

I realize how negative this review is and I'm so sorry for that, but even with 5 stars it's hard to really say how I feel about this show and even more weird that the only thing I liked about this was the storyline and actors. Lol I mean..... what can be done with that, really? Maybe I'm overthinking it. If I can think of better things, I will add them in. I *WOULD* like to add in that even though I didn't like this show, PLEASE give it a try. Just because I didn't like it, doesn't mean you won't like it. Always give things a try for yourself. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top