Wednesday, June 30, 2021

{Review} 어느 날 우리 집 현관으로 멸망이 들어왔다 (Doom at your Service)

Synopsis|줄거리
Original Title: 어느 날 우리 집 현관으로 멸망이 들어왔다
Also Known As: Doom At Your Service
Director Kwon Young-Il
Distributor: tvN
Released: May 10, 2021
Genre: Drama/Supernatural/Romance
Language: Korean
Country: South Korea
My Rating: 10/10
Add To: VIKI
Tak Dong Kyung has been working hard ever since her parents passed away. Her life seemed more stable after working as a web novel editor for 6 years, but then she gets diagnosed with a brain cancer. She blames her unlucky life and wishes to curse everything to disappear, which unintentionally calls Myeol Mang, who is the doom itself and is neither human nor god, to appear. He says that he can grant her wishes. As her last hope, she makes a contract with Myeol Mang for a hundred days to live how she wants, risking her everything.
사라지는 모든 것들의 이유가 되는 존재 ‘멸망’과 사라지지 않기 위해 목숨을 건 계약을 한 인간 ‘동경’의 아슬아슬한 목숨담보 판타지 로맨스
Review|리뷰
★★★★★★★★★★ Stars

Trying so hard to control my inner dialog that is just constantly screaming at this point.
Y'all.... I want to unwatch this and watch it again but... like... the process on repeat. Lol Omg I can't even cover how much I freaking loved this show! I started this show with not a lot of hope for it, honestly. But I have no idea what happened because as soon as I started it, I was stalking the dates, times, tv channel just WAITING for the newest episodes. It completely devoured my life and time -- AND I'M NOT EVEN MAD ABOUT IT!!!

If you were to ask me "okay, then what were the negative parts of the show" --literally the only thing I could say is "Kevin". Lol
I don't ... I don't understand his character. I mean I guess I get it, but why couldn't they get a better actor for him? Every time Kevin entered the view, I set the time speed to 2x because he made EVERY SINGLE scene so cringey. I also didn't understand how early in the show he didn't really know korean yet later he magicly learned a lot of words enough to keep up with everyone yet by the end, when he was talking to Myeol Mang, he didn't know half of what Myeol Mang was saying and just made shit so awkward. I don't understand the point of this. and I SWEAR Kevin's talk with Dong Kyung HAUNTS MY FUCKING NIGHTMARES!!!!! Oh mah GAH!!! I'm going to be on my deathbed and reliving that scene. I'll probably cringe myself to death at that moment. I just... man come on, don't cast this guy again. I beg you. I don't get the point. It was awful and I'm sure there were many others who could have been better.

That is really the only thing I hated about the show. I know my emotions were everywhere when I watched this and I thought half the time those feelings would be the death of me, but I love how everything worked out in the end. Even though I was pissed at Nyeo Shin through over 80% of this show by the end of it, I didn't hate her. Lol I know things had to happen the way they did for a reason but I still don't like how she made them forget each other just for them to remember each other not even a day later. It didn't make sense to me.... at the time but as I write this maybe that is what saved them in the end and made things happen the way they did. Like destiny .... as corny as that sounds lol

And I think I will stand by if you like Goblin, you'll love this show. If you loved this show, you'll love Goblin.

당신의 일생 단 하나의 소원은 무엇인가요?

로또 맞게 해주세요. 사랑이 이루어지게 해주세요.
시험에 합격하게 해주세요. 취직 성공하게 해주세요. 그 외 등등.
이 모든 소원의 전제는 '나는 지금 당장 죽지 않는다' 이다.

그렇다면 지금 당장 죽는다면,
당신이 단 100일 밖에 살지 못한다면
당신의 단 하나의 소원은 무엇일까?


말해두건대 이 드라마는 죽음에 대한 이야기가 아니다.
이 드라마는 삶에 대한 이야기다.

이 드라마는 죽음을 앞두고서야
진짜 삶을 살게 되는 두 존재의 이야기다.

100일의 시간이 남은 시한부 탁동경,
그리고 그런 그녀에게 나타난 존재 '멸망'.
그 둘이 만나 함께 하고 사랑한다.
이 100일간의 일기를 부디 함께 읽어주시길.

일기장을 덮었을 때
당신의 삶이 조금이라도 아름다워졌기를 바란다.

그저, 그뿐이다. ~Namu (나무위키)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top