Tuesday, May 25, 2021

{Review} 달달한 그놈 (The Sweet Blood)

Synopsis|줄거리
Original Title: 달달한 그놈
Also Known As: The Sweet Bood
Director Ha Han Me
Distributor: Naver TV Cast/vLive
Released: March 24, 2021
Genre: Romance/Action/Supernatural
Language: Korean
Country: South Korea
My Rating: 6/10
Add To: VIKI
At the age of 8, Park Joo-Hyeong went to Italy after he was adopted. He is now an adult and has the name of Vincenzo Cassano (Song Born between a human mother and a vampire father, Yeon Seo is a 118 year old half-vampire who wants nothing more than to live an ordinary human life. With natural beauty and a slew of vampire abilities, Yeon Seo could be anything she wanted, but she has chosen to blend in with those who appear closest to her age. As a result, Yeon Seo now finds herself faced with one of life’s most difficult challenges: graduating from high school. Fighting back her more vampiric urges, Yeon Seo does her best to blend in at school; a task that, for the most part, has been fairly easy. But when the sweet blood of her classmate, Song Meo Roo, attracts the attention of vampires and werewolves alike, things get a little more complicated. Trying desperately to ignore the siren call of Meo Roo’s blood, Yeon Seo takes it upon herself to protect her classmate from those who hunt him. As Yeon Seo and Meo Roo run for their lives, the blood in his veins calls to her. Torn between family duty and the desires of her own heart, a war within Yeon Seo rages. Will she be able to embrace her humanity and resist the temptation of this boy’s sweet blood or will her vampire side rise victorious in the end?
21 세기 초부터 뱀파이어들은 더 이상 인간의 피를 직접 마실 수 없어서 피를 뽑아 와인을 만들기 시작했습니다. 서영은 세계 최고의 와이너리 중 하나 인 바이올렛 가문에서 소믈리에로 자랐고, 그 소녀는 매우 예리한 후각의 주인이되었습니다. 조금이라도 조용히 살기 위해 고등학교에 진학한 연서는 눈에 띄지 않고 자신의 관심을 끌지 않으려 고한다. 그러나 송 모루라는 이름의 동급생이 그 소녀를 추적하고 뱀파이어 은신처에서 손을 긁는 데 실패했습니다. 처음으로 마법의 향기를 맡은 연서가 그를 데리고 갔지만, 100 년에 한 번 나타나는 모루가 가장 희소 한 피의 주인이라는 사실을 감추기 위해 일하지 않았다. 소녀는 친척들로부터 그 남자를 보호하기로 결정했지만 그를 시도하려는 유혹에 저항하는 것이 점점 더 어려워졌습니다.
~~ Adapted from the webtoon "The Sweet Girl" (달달한그녀) by writer S and illustrator Nal Chi (날치)
Review|리뷰
★★★★★★ Stars
**Possible spoilers**

I'm not going to come out of the gate just hating on this show, because honestly, it was a really great show!
I understand because it was originally a webtoon, there is only so much room and budget you have to work with. What they had was freaking amazing though!! I loved all of the actors, they did great jobs.
I just feel like the story itself really needs a lot of buffering. It had so much potential.

I really hope that if they get a chance to redo this, I hope they take it and make longer episodes while keeping all of the original cast and staff. I hate that I rated it as low as I did because I feel like this show could be a easy 9-10 for me. I love the idea of everything that was going on, I just feel like everything was rushed and I don't even know most of the characters. Like, I won't lie. Episode 14, I hardly understood.... and that was a CRITICAL episode -- they dropped a bomb on us in that one and just kinda left it at that. Then episode 15 hit and it was all sugar.... and honestly made me HATE a character.

I hate Su Jeong with a passion now. She went from being a really good friend to having crushes to "well since THEY don't like me, I GUESS you'll just have to do". I HATE how she treats Jin Seo. They haven't even started dating and she treats him like shit. "you have to look good" "we aren't dating until I say so" "you don't look good enough to walk with me" -- all this shit is just a few examples of what she has said to him. What the actual fuck. I don't think I have ever went from liking a character to hating them SO FAST!!!! She really played the sweet girl well, only to hide what a complete stuck up bitch she is. UGH!!!! -_-

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top