Wednesday, March 24, 2021

{Review} 귀 鬼 (Ghost: Be With Me)

Synopsis|줄거리
Original Title: 귀 鬼
Also Known As: Ghost/ Be With Me
Director Joachim Yeo, Jo Eun-Kyung, Hong Dong-Myung, Kim-Jho Gwang-Soo
Distributor: CJ Entertainment
Released: June 10, 2010
Genre: Paranormal/Horror
Language: Korean
Country: South Korea
My Rating: 5/10
Add To: AsianCrush
Omnibus film "Ghost" premiered at the 2009 Busan International Film Festival with the English title "Be With Me". Prologue"Tell Me Your Name"- Seo-Hee, Nam-Hee and Lan hold tarot cards and told to chant their names as a magical spell. Once their names are spoken, special events unfold. Tarot 1 "The Unseen"- Lan (Han Ye-Ri) and two of her best friends are ordered by their seniors to get into an abandoned school building. Lan steps into a classroom in the abandoned building where a kid died without anyone knowing. The dead may not want to be alone and she can't leave the classroom. Tarot 2 " Attached"- So-Young (Shin Ji-Su) is popular among her peers and the teachers. When So-Young learns that her best friend Nam-Hee (Kim Kkobbi) is pregnant, So-Young tells Nam-Hee that she should keep the baby and they will raise the child together. Meanwhile, So-Young is jealous of Nam-Hee, who ranks first at their school, and plots a scheme to get the principle's recommendation to take the college entrance exam instead of Nam-Hee. Tarot 3 "Ghost Boy"- Park Chul-Min (Lee Tae-Ri) is a high school student. He can also see ghosts, but pretends he doesn't see them. Chul-Min then sees a cute girl ghost named Seo-Hee (Choi Hye-Kyung). Seo-Hee can't forget her first love and asks Chul-Min for his help.
학교라면, 반드시 있다 (귀) | 혼자 남기는 싫어 소녀와 눈을 마주친 소년. 그녀는 첫사랑을 잊지 못한 귀신. 그녀를 유일하게 알아본 소년에게 도움을 청한다. 아무도 모르게 죽어간 아이가 있는 폐교실에 들어선 소녀. 그 아이는 혼자인 게 싫었던 것일까? 소녀에게 출구는 점점 멀어지기만 하는데.. 절친했던 두 소녀. 둘을 갈라놓은 건 한 장의 학교장추천서와 학생회장 남학생. 영원할 줄 알았던 사랑의 맹세가 지켜지지 않자, 소녀는 죽어서라도 함께 하고자 하는데…. 사라진 아이들이 아직도 다니고 있는 그 학교에선 무슨 일이 벌어지고 있는 것일까?
Review|리뷰
★★★★★ Stars
While I wouldn't say people need to run out and get this movie and watch it, I would definitely recommend it if you and friends/family were planning a horror movie night.

When it first started, not gonna lie, I didn't know it was 3 stories in 1. So when stuff started happening so suddenly, I was like "wow, this movie is either going to be full of horror non-stop, or it's going to be extremely boring because they're using all the good stuff upfront." - so you can imagine the look of confusion when the first one ended and the second one started. Lol I'm not mad at all, I just should have read more about the movie Lol But, I'm glad they did it this way. It's perfect from those horror movie marathons.

Tarot 1: The Unseen - Was actually pretty sad, honestly. But it had just enough of the suspense that it keeps you on edge wondering what is around each corner. I wasn't much of a fan of the characters though, they all seemed kinda toxic towards each other? I didn't feel much of a connection with them but I did feel bad for who the ghost was. I get stuff happens, but come on.... That... is so messed up and heartbreaking.

Tarot 2: Attached - This one wasn't scary at all. I actually cried because it broke my heart. As someone who has been through that twice, I know how scary that was for her. I wish I could hug her so bad, she didn't deserve that. She's the only one I felt sorry for. Everyone else can fuck off. Even her fake ass good for nothing friend. I want to say more so much but I really don't want to give to much away though I feel like I already have. I'm sorry.

Tarot 3: Ghost Boy - Yoooo!!! THIS ONE WAS MY FAVORITE!!! So again it wasn't all that scary but the story with this one just seemed sooo much more interesting and promising. I felt more connected with the characters in this one and I felt like it had more of a story to it without being confusing. This one, I would say is worth watching the whole movie for. The first two were okay but mostly just pulled at the heartstrings, this one was the golden egg for me. It's like they saved the best for last. Lol

So again, while this movie wasn't actually scary it was more along the lines of stories you tell at sleepovers in candlelight to get everyone creeped out. Lol Totally worth a view during horror marathons.
Also; if anyone ever wants to read your future and promises a once in a lifetime thing... run. Lol

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top