Tuesday, March 16, 2021

{Review} 3Bの恋人 (3B Lovers)

Synopsis|줄거리
Original Title: 3Bの恋人
Also Known As: 3B no Koibito/3B Lovers
Director: Yusuke Taki, Masayuki Matoba, Norihiro Takasugi
Distributor: TV Asahi
Released: January 9, 2021
Genre: Drama/Romance
Language: Japanese
Country: Japan
My Rating: 8/10
Add To: Asahi
Kobayashi Haruka fell in love before finding out that her boyfriend was actually a married man. At that time, a regular customer predicts that she will wind up meeting 3 different men. She begins encountering them just as predicted. There's the hairdresser Shintaro, the band vocalist Yu, and the bartender Yoshi. What will come of these fateful encounters?
~~Adapted from the manga series "3B Lover - Love with a Professional Boy Who Shouldn't be Dating" (3Bの恋人~付き合ってはいけない職業男子との恋遊戯~) by Yokoyama Moyo.
Review|리뷰
★★★★★★★★ Stars
So even after rewatching this show to kinda get my thoughts on it right... I still am at a loss for words.
From the start, I was instantly hooked and was glued to the screen waiting for new episodes. Even though I feel like the show was mostly character driven, I really did enjoy the show. I loved all the characters as well. Even the ones I wanted to fight half the time. Lol I loved seeing the guys go from these kinda cold guys to being really amazing people in the end.

But that ending. Good gah.... I feel like the writer just gave up with that episode. I can't be the only one that thinks this. I really expected this huge thing to happen because through the whole show, you just had this feeling it was going to end with a bang, but in the end -- it was flat and anticlimactic. It's one of those moments where you just sit looking at the screen like "......what? ...... that's it?" you keep waiting for the next scene to happen but it's like "nope. peace out" Lol. Honestly it's the main reason I needed to rewatch this show but I thought I might have missed something somewhere that would help me understand why it would end that way. But... Nope.
UNLESS they plan to have a season 2? I freaking hope they have a season 2. How, I don't know. But it needs to happen or something to give the viewers some peace of mind. Because I feel robbed with that ending. Lol I really do.

Also, I know this review is really short compared to others but I really am at a loss for words on how I feel about everything. Plus it's kinda hard to review a character driven story that doesn't seem to really have a plot? Lol Maybe I'm overthinking things.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top