Sunday, January 24, 2021

{Review} 경이로운 소문 (The Uncanny Counter)

Synopsis|줄거리
Original Title: 경이로운 소문
Also Known As: The Uncanny Counter/ Amazing Rumor
Director: Yoo Sun-Dong
Distributor: OCN
Released: November 28, 2020 
Genre: Action/Fantasy/Supernatural/Drama/Mystery
Language: Korean
Country: South Korea
My Rating: 10/10
Add To: Netflix
A group of people are called "Counter." Their purpose is to hunt down evil spirits and they each have their own special abilities. The group disguises themselves as employees at noodle restaurant.

악귀 사냥꾼 '카운터'들이 국숫집 직원으로 위장해 지상의 악귀들을 물리치는 통쾌하고 땀내 나는 악귀타파 히어로물

~~ Adapted from the webcomic "Kyeongirowoon Somoon” written by Jang Yi.
Review|리뷰
★★★★★★★★★★ Stars


If you step outside, I'm pretty sure you can hear me screaming.

I told myself I was going to do 2021 differently and stop giving 10 stars so easily but OH MY GOSH!! How can this not be rated 10 stars!?
Everything and I do mean everything about this show was amazing.... okay maybe not *everything* --but I'll come back to that later.

The Uncanny Counter is probably the first show I have watched that kept me stalking the next episode release date. Lol but not only that, every episode was so packed with action that there were no boring parts. There was never a time I wanted to stop watching and it kept me glued to the screen because I knew if I looked away I would miss something important. Lol That says a lot to though because I'm not really big on action but the uniqueness of this show kept me hooked.

All of the actors did so amazing! Even small scene actors took it to a whole new level and made you remember them. I've never been a fan of shows/movies that have a lot of characters, especially random ones that somehow were "important" -- they always left me like "okay but if you are so important why are you coming in now and I don't even remember your name" kinda thing. Lol BUT.... The Uncanny Counter just had some kind of magic in it that left me feeling completely different.
Like episode 15 for example when they brought in that new character. That really threw me off because I was like "um... why are you here? There is literally one episode left. WHY ARE YOU HERE?! WHO ARE YOU!?" lol but in the end, even though I still don't fully understand WHY, I can't even be mad. Lol It's so weird.

While the sudden show up in episode 15 was ..... something. Lol another problem I had with the show was Hana's back story? She is a full ass whole mystery herself. Which is cool and all but we know everyone else's history and all through the show we get glimpses of hers and the demons ALWAYS bring up her past-- so we know it HAS to be important to the story to help understand her character. But... did we ever even get the full backstory or answers? I feel like I blinked and missed something? Did they explain it but I'm too dumb to understand? Don't get me wrong, I like her character. I just am confused? If they didn't tell us, will they tell us in season 2?

Speaking of season 2, why? I mean I'm glad we will get to see them again but this season ended perfectly. and I mean PER-FECT-LY!! I can't stress that enough. I feel like if we get a season 2, there is no way it will be as good as the first and I feel like it's bound to make us lose a few of our favorite characters. WHICH I CAN'T GET DOWN WITH! lol
I am *concerned*. Haha
So Mun (Joe Byeong-Gyu) is a high school student and he is the youngest member of "Counter." His special ability is his physical strength. As a child, he was involved in a suspicious car accident. His parents died in the accident and he was left with a limp in his left leg.

Ga Mo-Tak (Yu Jun-Sang) is a former police officer. He had an accident 7 years ago, which caused him to lose his memory. He is a righteous person.

Do Ha-Na (Kim Se-Jeong) can sense evil spirits from hundreds of kilometers away. When she touches someone, she can read their memories.

Chu Mae-Ok (Yum Hye-Ran) is the chef of the noodle restaurant. She is the anchor of "Counter."

Choi Jang-Mool (Ahn Suk-Hwan) is the first "Counter” of Korea. He is in charge of managing expenses for the group.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top