Friday, January 8, 2021

{Review} デビルマン (Devilman)

Synopsis|줄거리
Original Title: デビルマン
Also Known As: Devilman
Director: Hiroyuki Nasu
Distributor: Toei Company
Released: October 9, 2004
Genre: Live action/Supernatural/Action/Horror/Fantasy
Language: Japanese
Country: Japan
My Rating: 10/10
Add To: N/A
The weak teenager Akira Fudô has been protected by his best friend Ryô Asuka since they were children. When Akira's parents die in an accident, the family Makimura brings him to live with them, and Akira falls in love for the gorgeous Miki Makimura. When the father of Ryô accidentally opens a gate to hell in Antarctica, demons are released, merging with humans to survive. Akira hosts Aman and becomes Devilman but keeping his humanity while Ryô hosts Satan. The hysteria and panic replaces reason and mankind initiates a war against the demons, but destroying also themselves.

~~Devilman is a live-action film adaptation of the original Devilman manga by Go Nagai.
Review|리뷰
★★★★★★★★★★ Stars
Okay, I get why this movie isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I kinda wish people would take in consideration the year this came out. Lol and don't come for me. I know how corny this movie looks and I know for a fact how corny this movie IS. haha
Or maybe I'm just biased. Lol I remember watching this when I was younger and pretty much ran it into the ground because I watched it so often back to back. Honestly, I can't even tell you why I loved it so much even back then. So of course when years go by and things get misplaced, I haven't seen this movie in YEARSSSSSSSS so when I saw this pop up, best bet I watched it. I am so freaking happy I got to see this again!!

Even after all these years, my feelings on this movie haven't changed a bit and just like back then, I'm a total Devilman/Ryo shipper. Hahaha!! Ryo will probably be my favorite character even on my deathbed. What can I say? I stan a sassy man.
It's still crazy to me that the whole world ended not even because of demons, but because of people. Even how life is now, humans are the most evil things on the planet at this point, but I digress.

Yes, yes, I know the acting is pretty much laughable and you're like "What even? Haha!!" through most of it, but I dunno. I still love it. Would I like to see a remake? Sure! But will I love it as much as this? Probably not. They made the movie in my opinion.

I still get teary eyed over the ending as well and really wish we could have a second movie to show us what happened after. But I guess I'll die never getting that. *insert broken heart sobbing here*
Oh the nostalgia. My heart is all over the place now and yes, it still hurts this was once rated one of the worst movies. SMH

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top