Saturday, June 6, 2020

{Review} Fantasy Island

Synopsis | 줄거리
Original Title: Fantasy Island
Also Known As: Nightmare Island
Director: Jeff Wadlow
Released: February 14, 2020
Genre: Horror/Thriller/Psycological
Language: English
Country: USA
My Rating: 9/10
Add To: Youtube

When the owner and operator of a luxurious island invites a collection of guests to live out their most elaborate fantasies in relative seclusion, chaos quickly descends.
The enigmatic Mr. Roarke makes the secret dreams of his lucky guests come true at a luxurious but remote tropical resort. But when the fantasies turn into nightmares, the guests have to solve the island's mystery in order to escape with their lives.
미스터 로케는 환상의 휴양지에 초대받은 행운의 손님들을 맞이하고 그들의 행복한 꿈을 실현 시키지만, 환상이 악몽으로 바뀌게 되면서 행운의 손님들은 목숨을 걸고 이섬을 탈출하기 위해 수수께끼를 풀어야 한다.
Anything you desire. Everything you fear.
Review | 리뷰
★★★★★★★★★
I have no idea how I feel about this movie. I remember before it came out I was dang near screaming from the rooftops that I wanted to see this movie. Because I mean, everyone has fantasies and usually with those we never think of how they can get twisted.... Weird, I know. So for someone to think up a movie about it... wait, they did. It was called WISHMASTER!!! Come on now! I'm old but I'm not that old. Doesn't everyone know Wishmaster?! If you don't, I totally recommend watching those movies. Kinda the same thing - Have a wish, it gets twisted. 

Not knocking this movie at all. It was actually really good (see 9 star rating). That ending was NOT what I thought was going to happen. At all. Which also left me confused as well. Not like the end, but I mean the END-END. You'll know what I mean if you watch the movie too. Probably. Not going to lie, I half expected the plane to explode or something. Plot twist, it's what is in the bermuda triangle. Lol. Gah I hope not. But still.

THAT TWIST THOUGH!!!! OMG!!!! Did anyone see that coming!? Fess up?! Because I sure as hell didn't and usually I can make those out pretty well. Man I love when a movie makes me go "O_O didn't see that coming!" It's the best freaking feeling EVER

Now you might be wondering, where the missing star is... I'm kidding, you're probably not but I'm going to tell ya anyway, it was the end-end. Y'all know I hate confusion. Because that PERSON is there but not there? If he is there - he is leaving? If he isn't there... well... some people are about to be in a lot of trouble. Who the hell is controlling the island? And sure that one person lost his fantasy but - he is allowed to live? I don't know. It's all just a "wait what?" feeling. We all know I hate those.

All in all the movie really was good and was better than I really expected.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top