Sunday, May 17, 2020

{Review} House at the End of the Street

Synopsis
Original Title: House at the End of the Street
Director: Mark Tonderai
Distributor: Relativity Media
Released: September 21, 2012
Genre: Drama/Horror/Thriller
Language: English
Country:USA
My Rating: 5/10
Add To: Netflix

Seeking a fresh start, newly divorced Sarah (Elisabeth Shue) and her daughter Elissa (Jennifer Lawrence) find the house of their dreams in a small, upscale, rural town. But when startling and unexplainable events begin to happen, Sarah and Elissa learn the town is in the shadows of a chilling secret. Years earlier, in the house next door, a daughter killed her parents in their beds, and disappeared - leaving only a brother, Ryan (Max Thieriot), as the sole survivor. Against Sarah's wishes, Elissa begins a relationship with the reclusive Ryan - and the closer they get, the deeper they're all pulled into a mystery more dangerous than they ever imagined.
My Thoughts
★★★★★  Stars
Is it me, or are there like 390471092 different movies called "House at the end of the street" or similar to it? It's kinda lost it's OOMF and how now become one of those "Oh... it's one of THOSE movies." kinda thing now. Honestly I was scared to watch this movie because I couldn't remember if it was a movie I had seen before or not (the movie I'm thinking about he hella triggers in it that made me actually sick, so you see why I was scared). Thankfully, this was not that movie. But they all seem to link with the same concept, no?

Jennifer Lawrence is a queen. Let's never forget that. The five stars is for her alone. She's boss babe. Had it been anyone else, I'm sure I would have rated it lower.... or actually not even watched it at all. Terrible to admit, sure but... eh.

The storyline was basic. Same thing that's done in every "horror" movie. Family moves into a new town and dun-dun-dun shit goes down. Honestly it reminds me of a Fear Street book... but Fear Street books don't suck, if you get what I mean. Lol I hate hate hate to say it but I don't see how this is labeled under "horror", thriller, sure. I get that. I hate expecting to be scared by horror only to have the whole movie plot ruined AS SOON as he tells his sob story. There was no secret. In the moment he tells his story, you already know how it will end.

Please give props to the actors though. All of their acting was really good. From the overbearing mother to the dickhole jocks. Everyone's part was perfect. They took what they had and made it work. Not their fault the movie was sucky. It's the storyline and lack of surprise that made it sucky. Lol

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top