Tuesday, May 12, 2020

{Review} 헨젤과 그레텔 (Hansel and Gretel)

Synopsis
Original Title: 헨젤과 그레텔
Also Known As: Hansel and Gretel
Director: Yim Pil-Sung
Distributor: CJ Entertainment
Released: December 27, 2007
Genre: Supernatural/Fantasy/Suspense/Thriller
Language: Korean
Country: South Korea
My Rating: 10/10
Add To: Vudu | Prime

A young man gets lost in the woods but finds himself in a beautiful house with three adorable children. With a warm fireplace and plenty to eat, the place seems too perfect to be true ― and impossible to exit.
My Thoughts
★★★★★★★★★★  Stars

I am so conflicted with this movie! I know we have ALL seen at least one Hansel and Gretel movie once in our lives. Whether it was the cartoon version or the 4729802 live actions ones. Okay, that number is a bit dramatic but ... you know there are a ton. If you haven't see the movies, chances are, you have read the book... Or you at least know if the story. I feel like this is one tale that is known literally world wide. But that is besides the point.

I have always remembered Hansel and Gretel being a boy and girl who stumble upon a home, but I have never seen one that had three kids as the Hansel and Gretel part... So I'm not .. really sure what went on there? I mean the Hansel and Gretel played a HUGE part of this movie but it wasn't really Hansel and Gretel if you get what I mean? If you don't, that's okay because I hardly know myself! Lol All the more reason to watch this movie!!!

Even though this movie was released in 2007, it gives such old vibes. Lol I'm not even kidding. When I saw "2007" I was like "....lol wut?" I thought it was made in the 90's. MY BAD!!!! That is not a insult by the way. Have you seen movies from the 90s? They are still bad ass to this day! FIGHT ME!!! (I'm kidding. Don't do that.) I'm just saying, 90's movies can hold their own. Lol

Now the conflicting part will be kinda hard to talk about because I don't want to give to much away. But let's just say this movie is different from the other Hansel and Gretel movies. Let's face it, with the other movies, we know who the actual "bad guy" is in those movies. It's the witch. We want the witch dead and we want happy endings for the kids. Maaaaaan they ....I..... That information bomb they dropped near the end legit made me start CRYING! It was unexpected. There was one character in the movie that I really didn't like and it was the little boy but by the end of the movie I seriously just wanted to hug him and put him in a protection bubble.

All of the actors were so freaking talented. Though there was one that I was like "wow... this dude's acting is really really bad and holy crap he is a creepy fuck" Dude, turns out that is how his character was supposed to be. When I actually found out about the character at the end I went from "wow his acting is terrible" to "holy fucking shit the dude is hella talented!!!" and that is a understatement.

This is one movie I'm sure will be remade in a few years because it's one of those that people can't really keep their hands off of. But, I wish they wouldn't. I feel like I would always compare new actors to these actors. Lol which I know is bad, all actors have their own skills and that is great and all, but there was just something about this cast that just meshed so well that you wish all actors worked that well together.

If you get a chance to watch this movie, please do! And let me know what you think!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top