Sunday, April 12, 2020

{Review} 나의 19세 (19-Nineteen)

Synopsis
Original Title: 나의 19세
Also Known As: 19-Nineteen
Director: Jang Yong Woo
Released: Nov 11, 2009
Genre: Drama/Mystery/Crime
Language: Korean
Country: South Korea
My Rating: 10/10
Add To: -

After graduating from high school Min Seo fails to get into college. He spends the next year cramming for his entrance exam once again. Jung Hun is a university student fresh out of high school.
Late one evening, a high school girl dies. Earlier that evening, Min Seo filmed the girl in an internet cafe without her knowing. Min Seo, Jung Hun, and another girl named Eun Young - who went to the same high school as the dead girl - all become murder suspects in the death of that girl. All three of these young suspects are 19 years old. They don't know each other, but quickly become fugitives from the law. To clear their names they work to uncover the truth behind the girl's death...


My Thoughts
★★★★★★★★★★  Stars
Let's face it, I loved this movie and it's probably because I am totally and completely biased. Why? Come on... TOP? Seungri? They are my guys! Lol I love them so much! I remember hearing about this movie a while back and wanting to watch it, but again it was one of those that I felt like I would never find it only for it to fall into my lap whenever I gave up on it. Gotta love the luck there. Lol I'm not even mad. But I am mad that I ended up forgetting about this movie because I stopped looking for it. SMH!

I'm glad I found it though, and so thankful that I did! I know so many people would say this movie was cheesy or not that great but honestly, I loved it. It's a little over a hour long but felt like it ended so quickly. While I watched it, I really questioned if they would be able to get everything done because it just seemed like they kept adding more and more stuff that needed explaining and I I thought there was no way they would be able to explain everything, or they were going to leave huge chunks of information out.

I'm not sure how they did it, but they did it! They answered every single question I had about this movie. I don't remember any loop being left. Lol like even the small side stories ended up being a huge deal with fitting in with the movie and made it make even more sense.
I'm not going to lie, I have no idea who the actress is with TOP and Seungri but I really loved their connection with each other. They were all so cute together and I can't see anyone else playing the part better. Of course I loved TOP and Seungri's roles. Lol I mean come on. They are my heart.
I really do wonder if I would have viewed this movie different had I not known them though. Would I still have laughed at TOP's sassiness? Mushed over Seungri's shyness? Maybe not, but I guess we may never know. Lol

I wasn't expecting that ending. More like, I really wasn't expecting that person to be who it was. I was like O_O. But it also goes to show, you might think you know someone, but I guess you never really do. It broke my heart but I'm glad there was justice in the end. Plus I'm a sucker for happy endings.
If I could rate this more than 10 stars, I would. This is a movie I think everyone should watch at least once in their life.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top